Day Trade Scenario

I am brand new to mql, but have been programming for 20+ years.

I have a simple question (I hope).

I need to create a program that once a day does some algorithm, and generates recommendations. I guess it is like an expert, except it doesn't continue.

Ideally this would generate and place orders, but I basically want to know if that is possible. I am not really analyzing anything except high,low,open,close for a certain time period, but the algorithm is secret (obviously).

The problem with a script is that someone has to manually run it once a day, which isn't the end of the world, but it would be nice to just run at a certain time.

Thanks in advance and I hope to contribute parts of the algo once it is finished.

T

Check out all the datetime functions, see https://docs.mql4.com/dateandtime

If the EA is run on the M5 chart, it could run once per bar (i.e. each 5 minutes) to see if a time has passed and act once if it has

It would then need to store the DayOfYear() that it has 'done' in a static variable or, more robustly, in a file

Be aware the DayOfWeek()==0 is a Sunday... 5 is Friday

Also know the brokers server timezone, which is what the EA 'sees', not your PC's time setting

Good Luck

-BB-

Thanks for the information. That leads me in the right direction.

Programming in mql isn't a problem since I cut my teeth on C 20 years ago!

I am sure I will have some other questions, but I will try to figure out what I need on my own.