Elite indicators :) - page 765

Multi symbol combined : dtosc_multi_symbol_combined_nmc.mq4

PS: please read this post in order to learn all that is needed to know about the way how indicator works https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

kalina1977

First this one :

I do not know which dtosc indicator you are using (the W_DTOM indicator internally uses dtosc, but since there are quite a few versions out there I can not tell exactly which version are you using) so made this one that works exactly as Robert Miner described it. It does not need an external indicator and has some other things that it does a bit different from W_DTOM indicator (among already told, this one does not have a limitation of symbols)

For the rest that does not know what is the principle of this indicator, it is combining n dtosc (stochastic RSIs) where n is a number of symbols used. By default it uses 14 symbols for that and the result is an "overall" dtosc value

PS: as you see it is not a dashboard yet. Check if the indicator corresponds to your indicator (does it meet your expectations - due to the things I explained above) first.

PPS: what you also should know, is that that indicator uses MarketInfo(Pairs[j],MODE_TICKVALUE)for weights calculation. Since that function always returns only the current value of the tick value (the function itself can not return historical values) it means it will repaint when you change time frames or symbols or you refresh the current chart. Not much, but it will since it will use current tick values for past data too

regards

Mladen

kalina1977:
Hello Mladen,can you create a little dashboard with this indicator?Picture included.

Thank you!

Or with 2 indicators,brsi+wdtom.

Updated version posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

DTosc candles from here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general updated to be compatible with new mt4 builds.

ValeoFX:
Mladen I attach both the screen-print and the indicator again for your kind perusal. Thanks,

ValeoFX,

Even though it is not the one from post 6022, here is a candles version of it

regards

updated version posted here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Files:

Mladen ,

Is it possible to create an indicator that is difference of EURUSD/USDCHF? Thanks.

nevar:
Mladen , Is it possible to create an indicator that is difference of EURUSD/USDCHF? Thanks.

Nevar

You can do it like this :

#property indicator_separate_window

#property indicator_buffers 1

#property indicator_color1 PaleVioletRed

double diff[];

int init()

{

SetIndexBuffer(0,diff);

return(0);

}

int start()

{

int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();

if(counted_bars<0) return(-1);

if(counted_bars>0) counted_bars--;

int limit = MathMin(Bars-counted_bars,Bars-1);

//

//

//

//

//

for(int i=limit; i>=0; i--) diff = iClose("EURUSD",0,iBarShift("EURUSD",0,Time)-iClose("USDCHF",0,iBarShift("USDCHF",0,Time);

return(0);

}

Sorry for being naive but I get lot of errors.

nevar:
Sorry for being naive but I get lot of errors.

nevar

Here is an attached file that allows you to choose symbols as parameters : symbols_difference.mq4

Let me tell you what I am thinking , see if that makes sense to you: pairs like EURUSD/USDCHF are highly corelated but sometimes correlation declines in the markets then after sometme it correlates again.When the correlation declines there may be some paterns like difference in pips or percentage to exploit.This s my idea I dont' know if it is worth to try it or not.

nevar:
Let me tell you what I am thinking , see if that makes sense to you: pairs like EURUSD/USDCHF are highly corelated but sometimes correlation declines in the markets then after sometme it correlates again.When the correlation declines there may be some paterns like difference in pips or percentage to exploit.This s my idea I dont' know if it is worth to try it or not.

nevar

Why not trying some "classical" correlation indicators for that (like Spearman or Pearson correlation)?

Reason: