Hi Mladen

Disparity İndex

MTF

Zero Line Alert

Divergence

Thanks

Files:

mladen,

I have an indicator that draws a histogram, and I am looking for a way to "auto scale" the vertical axis by taking the max and min of the last 20 bars.

Is there a way to do this?

I've tried by adding two (invisible) buffers and a loop (reset buffers, count min and max over last 20 bars), but no luck.

Cheers and thanks in advance,

San.

San,

I think you are on a right track ,,, but your periods for minimum an maximum are too low. They should be at least "number of visible bars" wide in order to provide a stable upper and/or lower limit.

Attaching one example that does something like what I suppose you are testing. It is not an actual indicator but is showing how bounds can be controlled (values are generated randomly). Here is an example without dynamically controlling minimum and maximum (upper) and with controlling it (lower) - see the right side of the indicator window showing minimum and maximum

regards

Mladen

Snowski:
mladen,

I have an indicator that draws a histogram, and I am looking for a way to "auto scale" the vertical axis by taking the max and min of the last 20 bars.

Is there a way to do this?

I've tried by adding two (invisible) buffers and a loop (reset buffers, count min and max over last 20 bars), but no luck.

Cheers and thanks in advance,

San.
Files:
_test4.mq4  3 kb
test.gif  33 kb

mladen,

Thanks alot...that's exactly what I am trying to achieve.

I want the period to be for the last 20 or 30 or so, so current values are readable in case there was a "spike" in the histogram (which will be cut off outside this area). Hope my explanation makes sense...

Thanks for the example...awesome. Time to puzzle some more.

Cheers, San.

This one is a T3 that is showing the "mid steps" of calculation too

PS: the T3 line itself is drawn as a thicker line, but you can change that by changing the LinesWidthT3 parameter and setting it to same value as the rest of lines.

Files:
t3_steps.mq4  5 kb
t3s_1.gif  23 kb
t3s_2.gif  31 kb
t3s_3.gif  30 kb
t3s_4.gif  30 kb

seperate chart over lay

I was wondering if anyone could make this seperate chart indicator a overlay?

Meaning, giving it the ability to overlay it on top of other indicators with it having a clear background.

thanks

Ish

Normalized Deviations + atr

Good morning MrTools,

With regards to the "Norm.Dev.+atr" I have found it to repaint in "present mode" in other words not in MTF format. Could you possibly investigate, plse? I can give you SnapShot proof of it, should you wish to see it. I do believe that it has merit as I have seen some excellent predictions over the last few weeks testing it.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.

Thank you MrTools

mrtools:
Hi Valeo, Think i found it in the normalizing part found this for( int k=0; k < NormPeriod - 1 ; k++), which i'm pretty sure it should be for( int k=0; k < NormPeriod; k++) anyway please test this version should be good and thanks for pointing this out.

==============

Much appreciated, MrTools.

Wishing you a splendid day at the office.

Best regards.

ValeoFX:
==============

Much appreciated, MrTools.

Wishing you a splendid day at the office.

Best regards.

Valeo,

Posted a much more solid version[last post], for sure will not repaint so please redownload,

Favour plse

mrtools:
This is gann hilo on jurik bars (same as jurik hilo channel) but don't think a bars version has been posted and another envelope averages but this version all the ma's that are used are smoothed with gaussian, pretty much an experiment but looks like it may be useful.

=================

MrTools, would you mind posting a screen-print of this same indicator during an UP-Trend please?

Thanks in advance.

Reason: