Guppy MACD

For those of you who have tried this indicator here is the improved version, I have cleaned up the code and you can now alter the HISTO width and the LINE width. Default HISTO set to 3 & LINES to 1 as per screen shot.

Enjoy cja

gmacd.mq4

02/04/2009

1st update for GMACD for some time, it is now MTF and has built in Alerts

This version Alerts on the Candle CLOSE

gmacd_mtf_alerts.ex4

18/04/2009

As requested by some of the traders using GMACD i have recoded the Alert to respond quicker.

This version Alerts the moment the Lines Cross however can be prone to more false signals

gmacd_mtf_alerts_v1.ex4

Files:

thanks for sharing.

Guppy MACD on chart window?

Hi CJA, I've been looking at Guppy for the very first time based on your version here. I have also tried to draw the Guppies on the pricechart window to no avail since my coding abilities are limited. Is it possible to just draw this indic on the chart window sans-MACD?

Any ideas welcome.

Thx and happy trading!

jr

G#MACD puts MetaTrader at 100% CPU

Hi Cja.

I don't know if you are aware but if you had G#MACD.mq4 to some charts it puts MetaTrader at 100% CPU whenever you changed back to the profile.

Maybe you should add a maxbars variable to the calculations does not include all the data.

I've a Core 2 Quad cpu with 4GB RAM. I've 22" monitor and one profile with 9 charts (3x3) with a Guppy template (lots of MA's). Then I added G#MACD. When I open MetaTrader in this profile it goes 100% for quite some time.

I removed the G#MACD and it changes ok.

Thanks,

Lugopt

works fine on mine - cheep 2 year old; 17'' screen, 1gig ram

though nothing else really hooked up on it - just windows and MT

(normally 2-3 MT running, 20-30 charts open)

try this GMACD - different ind; but both has about same load (on mine)...

Files:
gmacd2.mq4  17 kb

Gmacd

lugopt:
Hi Cja.

I don't know if you are aware but if you had G#MACD.mq4 to some charts it puts MetaTrader at 100% CPU whenever you changed back to the profile.

Maybe you should add a maxbars variable to the calculations does not include all the data.

I've a Core 2 Quad cpu with 4GB RAM. I've 22" monitor and one profile with 9 charts (3x3) with a Guppy template (lots of MA's). Then I added G#MACD. When I open MetaTrader in this profile it goes 100% for quite some time.

I removed the G#MACD and it changes ok.

Thanks,

Lugopt

I presume you are talking about the G#MACD that shows the trend in a separate window at the bottom of your chart, there was an early version that was cpu intensive the version fxbs has supplied got around that problem, if you are using the standard G#MACD as in the above posts i have never had a cpu issue with that indicator.

cja

Dear CJA,

Thx for the great indicator....

Is it MTF???

sonic

cja:
I presume you are talking about the G#MACD that shows the trend in a separate window at the bottom of your chart, there was an early version that was cpu intensive the version fxbs has supplied got around that problem, if you are using the standard G#MACD as in the above posts i have never had a cpu issue with that indicator. cja

I realize this is a ridiculously old thread but I was wondering if someone might add the ability to add a custom sound alerts for long and short (in indi options) to this indicator? Based on the following occurrence.

Alert for when gold line crosses the light blue line up Long (soundone) or down Short (soundtwo).

Thank in advance.

pipbuilder:
I realize this is a ridiculously old thread but I was wondering if someone might add the ability to add a custom sound alerts for long and short (in indi options) to this indicator? Based on the following occurrence.

Alert for when gold line crosses the light blue line up Long (soundone) or down Short (soundtwo).

Thank in advance.

Heheheheh found u

I'm luke skywalker... LOL ya someone I think someone is working on this..

Cheers

My position just now by using GMACD. Already hit my TP. Thanks again to cja because create this great indicator

Files:

onetarmizi that chart looks like the GMACD is inverse to the price, when GMACD crossed down its looks like its time to go long and visa versa.

Reason: