Guppy Multiple Moving Average - page 7

Guppy MMA metatrader 5 version ...

Upgraded a guppy mma for metatrader 5 version. It has a much simpler code and allows usage of "palete" of colors . To remind that metatrader 5 does not have a 8 drawing buffers limit so it is showing all the Guppy moving averages (no need to have 2 separate indicators : one for short MMAs and one for longs, all are in this single indicator)

Files:

what does the values in ExtMapBuffer1=iMA(NULL,0,20,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i) means?

It means that i th element of ExMapBuffer should be assigned the value of a 20 period simple moving average of close

whats NULL,0,20,0 ? i know 20 is MA

This is a parameters list description for moving average :

double iMA( string symbol, int timeframe, int period, intma_shift, int ma_method, int applied_price, int shift)

Calculates the Moving average indicator and returns its value.

Parameters:
symbol- Symbol the data of which should be used to calculate indicator. NULL means the current symbol.

timeframe- Timeframe. It can be any of Timeframe enumeration values. 0 means the current chart timeframe.

period- Averaging period for calculation.

ma_shift - MA shift. Indicators line offset relate to the chart by timeframe.

ma_method - MA method. It can be any of the Moving Average method enumeration value.

applied_price - Applied price. It can be any of Applied price enumeration values.

shift - Index of the value taken from the indicator buffer (shift relative to the current bar the given amount of periods ago).

trexy123:
whats NULL,0,20,0 ? i know 20 is MA

how can i increase the thickness of one of the lines?

Press right click on indicator->properties->colors tab

trexy123:
how can i increase the thickness of one of the lines?

I mean to thicken 1 of the lines by default . Which part of the code to change?

Use the #property indicator_width(n) for that. where "(n)" should be replaced with a number ranging from to 8 (depending on the buffer number you wish to declare the default width for)

trexy123:
I mean to thicken 1 of the lines by default . Which part of the code to change?

if i want to thicken the fifth MA, how and where should i place #property indicator_width(n) ?

Reason: