All John Ehlers Indicators... - page 78

KumoBreake:
does anyone has two pole supersmoother indicator with changing color when it change direction ?

And there is also a super smoother with changing colors in the averages indicator in the elite section with the latest here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

couldnt find the 2p-SS right away but thank u , i will look in to it

One more version of non-repainting Ehlers fisher transform (the repainting version is the famous solar wind) : ehlers_fisher_transform_2.mq4

This version is modernized to have user friendly options and some more stuff

Files:

And this one too (it is experimenting with the weights how components are distributed in calculation) : ehlers_fisher_transform_2_1.mq4

Lower example has weight 1

mladen:
One more version of non-repainting Ehlers fisher transform (the repainting version is the famous solar wind) : ehlers_fisher_transform_2.mq4

This version is modernized to have user friendly options and some more stuff

can u explain its application ? as far as i know its used to identify turning points , right ? does it mean there's a greater probability that turning points are happening when indi goes far from zero ?

i hope this pdf is useful for Fisher Transform

www.mesasoftware.com/papers/UsingTheFisherTransform.pdf

KumoBreake:

i hope this pdf is useful for Fisher Transform

www.mesasoftware.com/papers/UsingTheFisherTransform.pdf

Good document. Thanks

so regarding the regular question of "which one is better?" i did a little backtesting one 3 different swami charts by j f ehler and here's what i

found out (just what i found , doesnt really mean anything !! so ..) :

swami chart of CCI(200) is actually far better than swami MACD , and swami laguerre-RSI is really lagged and i dont think it's useful for trading

their pretty much the same thing but there's a little certainty and lag difference between them so i dont recommend using them at the same time at all , there's no more value in it !

again maybe the indicator version that i got was flawed so do a little research by yourself .

p.s: i believe in cycle analysis but if ur not a believer then i personally recommend using swamicharts cause they have an edge on single period indicators (or adaptive ones :p) .

p.s.4: i requested for a swami super smoother and it turns out to be so similar to CCI(200) but not sure if its ethical to share it here , get back to me if that's ok & i will upload it .

i'm looking for the "better" average filter for quite some time and i'm down to 2 filter . one is supersmoother which is super smooth (dah!) and looks really promising but has a lag which it makes it really annoying in plus 50 periods , and theres non-lag EMA which has no lag (dah!) but it's not smooth at all ! so what do u guys think ? is there any non-lag supersmoother or smoothed non-lag EMA ??

p.s :i know i'm asking for holy grail but is there

KumoBreake:

i'm looking for the "better" average filter for quite some time and i'm down to 2 filter . one is supersmoother which is super smooth (dah!) and looks really promising but has a lag which it makes it really annoying in plus 50 periods , and theres non-lag EMA which has no lag (dah!) but it's not smooth at all ! so what do u guys think ? is there any non-lag supersmoother or smoothed non-lag EMA ??

p.s :i know i'm asking for holy grail but is there

I don't think you can find a non-recalculating indicator that would do all that
Reason: