10points 3.mq4 - page 132

Elevated or MM closure

mrtools:
Forward test results for 10 points 4 (alias some version of Elevated), 12wins=192 pips & 7 losses for -66 pips & total = +126 pips, not bad for a useless e.a.If this e.a. is not going during MAJOR news it is anything but useless.Also when the overall yearly trend changes to downtrend then I will agree this e.a. will become useless.Just my 1 cent for what its worth.

Best Regards

tools

Having actually had the experience of my demo account being decimated by MM when it did not have any means of closure and in fact kept on opening positions until I manually closed them, I labelled the EA as useless because I wouldn't want to be constantly concerned that the situation would occur again. This EA works very well as has been pointed out but it has this problem and it is no use ignoring it.

However I have found another EA currently availble on

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176207

which if it lives up to it's description will look after that problem automatically.

EA to Close All Open Trades When Your Account Floating Loss Reaches a Certain Amount

I will continue forward test Elevated but with the added protection of the Closing Trades EA.

John

Files:
10p4mm.gif  17 kb

10 point 4

My point was that this and probably 95% of all e.a.'s lost major money during that NFP move 2/2/07.Especially this expert that only takes buys.I removed all my e.a.'s and only traded manually ,after the dust cleared.But using that close all loss orders e.a. looks like it could possibly be another way of dealing with this.

Later

tools

i just wanna throw this idea for the original 10p3

regarding opening the lot,

1st position : 0.1

( 5 pip )

2nd position : 0.1

( 5 pip )

3rd position : 0.1

( 5 pip )

4th position : 0.15

( 5 pip )

5th position : 0.15

( 5 pip )

6th position : 0.25

( 5 pip )

7th position : 0.25

( 5 pip )

8th position : 0.4

( 5 pip )

9th position : 0.4

( 5 pip )

10th position : 0.6

(5pip )

11th position : 0.6

(5 pip )

12th position : 0.9

it is actually increase factor of 1.5

0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.5, 0.8, 1.2, 1.8 and pipstep is 10.

instead of we have to wait 10pip against us to open new lot, we make it 5 pip but we divide the next lot into 2 positions. if the next lot is 0.2, we put 0.1 and 0.1 with distance of 5 pip.

Please comment

is this what you want? added martingale multiplier feature, so you can manually change the factor of multiplying. now suitable for small account like IBFX on AccountisNormal=1

Files:

not this type david...sorry...try again

Forward testing

mrtools:
My point was that this and probably 95% of all e.a.'s lost major money during that NFP move 2/2/07.Especially this expert that only takes buys.I removed all my e.a.'s and only traded manually ,after the dust cleared.But using that close all loss orders e.a. looks like it could possibly be another way of dealing with this.

Later

tools

The Close all orders worked very well I had set it for 60 pips and sure enough it closed off at 63 pips. Then opened another trade in the same direction and closed off again at 60 pips. I suppose that would be better than if the EA had continued into a couple more progressions but it would be good if it could stop after a loss closure, reassess and reconsider the direction.

I have the EA set for long/short and on Friday it operated in both directions but today unfortunately it had no such direction change.

John

10 points 4

The Close all orders worked very well I had set it for 60 pips and sure enough it closed off at 63 pips. Then opened another trade in the same direction and closed off again at 60 pips. I suppose that would be better than if the EA had continued into a couple more progressions but it would be good if it could stop after a loss closure, reassess and reconsider the direction.

I have the EA set for long/short and on Friday it operated in both directions but today unfortunately it had no such direction change.

John

Hi John

After today am more inclined to label this version as "useless" woke up this morning to find myself in the situation you was in with this e.a., shut it off this morning didn't want to come home from work and find my demo empty.I am attaching a mod I did with this thing awhile ago but backtesting it was constantly blowing my account, so didn't attach it for that reason, but thinking that since the last version tested good maybe since this one tested bad maybe live it will be good.In backtesting it did take about an equal amount of buys and sells. The timeperiod controls cci timeperiods and fema,sema, and sig. is for macd(fastema,slowema,&sig).Have not tried it live yet, but will start tonight.

New EA

mrtools:
Hi John After today am more inclined to label this version as "useless" woke up this morning to find myself in the situation you was in with this e.a., shut it off this morning didn't want to come home from work and find my demo empty.I am attaching a mod I did with this thing awhile ago but backtesting it was constantly blowing my account, so didn't attach it for that reason, but thinking that since the last version tested good maybe since this one tested bad maybe live it will be good.In backtesting it did take about an equal amount of buys and sells. The timeperiod controls cci timeperiods and fema,sema, and sig. is for macd(fastema,slowema,&sig).Have not tried it live yet, but will start tonight.

I will close off the version of Elevated that I have been testing and substitute the amended EA that you have provided. I will still run the Closing EA as previously discussed.

After my various problems with Terminator2 not closing and causing huge losses I have now resurrected it and am running the closing EA in tandem with it. This EA which closes off all opened positions whichever pair or EA being used is in my opinion a huge asset and has allowed me to go back through useful EAs previously discarded from lack of efficient closing mechanisms.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176181

EA to Close All Open Trades When Your Account Floating Loss Reaches a Certain Amount.

Thanks for the new EA and your continued support of this thread.

John

Reason: