10points 3.mq4 - page 92

Hello yeoeleven,

Thank you for your answer and your councils.

I will follow them

forex4syg:
There seems a bug in Jugulator for calculation of ActualOrders.

In my test, only one position opened for GBPJPYm at some point. It was closed because of ConfirmedOrders=1 and ActualOrders=2.

Not sure where this problem comes. In the code, ActualOrders seems will always increase by 1 when an order is sent. If the SendOrder fails (due to various reason), ActualOrders would still increase 1. Perhaps, it is better to check the error from SendOrder. If no error, then ActualOrders increase by 1.

Thanks!

That should be fixed here (Page 89, post 890, Jugulator.zip). There is a new variable in the EA that gets set to the order number. If the order fails there shouldn't be an order number and the code checks that before it increments the ActualOrders variable.

void OrderNeedsOpening() {

//Preserve value before changing them

double TempActualLotSize = ActualLotSize;

//Increase Lot Size

ActualLotSize = NormalizeDouble(ActualLotSize * LotsIncreaseBy, LotPrecision);

//Are we trying to go long?

if (OrderDirection == 1) {

//Set Take Profit and open a Long order

ActualTP = Ask + (TakeProfit * Point);

LastTicket = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, ActualLotSize, Ask, OrderSlippage, ActualSL, ActualTP, "Order" + (ActualOrders + 1), Magic, 0, Blue);

}

//Are we trying to go short?

else if (OrderDirection == 2) {

//Set Take Profit and open a Short order

ActualTP = Bid - (TakeProfit * Point);

LastTicket = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_SELL, ActualLotSize, Bid, OrderSlippage, ActualSL, ActualTP, "Order" + (ActualOrders + 1), Magic, 0, Red);

}

//If the order went thru it will be greater than 0

if (LastTicket > 0) {

ActualOrders++;

}

//Order failed so we need to set the value back

else {

ActualLotSize = TempActualLotSize;

}

}

Does the code you are using reflect this change because this is what I am running and I don't have any problems opening multiple order and having them close when they should TP or SL. Note that this type of change is also in other areas of the code so copying and pasting this section alone will not fix the problem.

Jugulator H4 Results

Here are the 0.10 and 0.01 results for this morning.

Jugulator H4 Results

Here are the 0.10 and 0.01 results for this morning at 10am EST after several major news reports.

0.01 account went up $268.94

0.10 account went up $1,912.44

10points3 Dynamic Stop

Closed for the week 10points3 Dynamic Stop. Closing off pairs as they became in profit. Settings previously posted

A good week overall.

Am still waiting for USDJPY to retrace prior to closing off Jugulator.

John

Files:

Jugulator1.1

Carrying on from the settings on post #891 and previous results on post #898. Here is the detailed statement after closing for the week.

Will look at the settings prior to opening on Monday likely to use closer to Matt's since they are clearly better than mine.

John

Files:
jug4.htm  67 kb
jug4.gif  6 kb

mtaboneweb:
That should be fixed here (Page 89, post 890, Jugulator.zip). There is a new variable in the EA that gets set to the order number. If the order fails there shouldn't be an order number and the code checks that before it increments the ActualOrders variable.

void OrderNeedsOpening() {

//Preserve value before changing them

double TempActualLotSize = ActualLotSize;

//Increase Lot Size

ActualLotSize = NormalizeDouble(ActualLotSize * LotsIncreaseBy, LotPrecision);

//Are we trying to go long?

if (OrderDirection == 1) {

//Set Take Profit and open a Long order

ActualTP = Ask + (TakeProfit * Point);

LastTicket = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, ActualLotSize, Ask, OrderSlippage, ActualSL, ActualTP, "Order" + (ActualOrders + 1), Magic, 0, Blue);

}

//Are we trying to go short?

else if (OrderDirection == 2) {

//Set Take Profit and open a Short order

ActualTP = Bid - (TakeProfit * Point);

LastTicket = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_SELL, ActualLotSize, Bid, OrderSlippage, ActualSL, ActualTP, "Order" + (ActualOrders + 1), Magic, 0, Red);

}

//If the order went thru it will be greater than 0

if (LastTicket > 0) {

ActualOrders++;

}

//Order failed so we need to set the value back

else {

ActualLotSize = TempActualLotSize;

}

}

Does the code you are using reflect this change because this is what I am running and I don't have any problems opening multiple order and having them close when they should TP or SL. Note that this type of change is also in other areas of the code so copying and pasting this section alone will not fix the problem.

The version I am testing does not contain the above change. I will use the newer version. Thanks mtaboneweb!

yeoeleven:
Still continuing to forward test 10points3 Dynamic Stop and still getting good results.

I removed GBPUSD yesterday in an effort to make this EA safe for small accounts it probably reduced the profitability but hopefully increased the safety.

John

Are you still using the orginal 10points3 Dynamic Stop which is on page 18 ?

Thanks

10points3 Dynamic Stop

hawkv:
Are you still using the orginal 10points3 Dynamic Stop which is on page 18 ? Thanks

Yes that is the version that I am still testing along with Goblin & Jugulator. It still holds up well with those EAs that were developed from it.

John

tf

1. Wait On Bar: Right now, the EA opens new orders in a cycle of consistent pip levels. One alternate approach would be to ensure that new orders are not opened in the same bar. So, if you have a very big move, the EA would wait until the close of the bar, reevaluate the trend, then place another order in the cycle if the pip value is greater than specified in the EA's pips setting.

.1 - .2 - .3 - .5 - .8 - 1.3 - 2.1 - 4.4 - 6.5 - etc.

this was posted by stockwet in the goblin thread. very interesting idea but instead of picking up where the orders left off, skip the orders that were passed over and go with the next increment, So if price moved up rapidly, you only have losses on what you have on the board.Let's say after 3 price increments the price flies up 40 pips on 15 min. bar. When the bar is complete, the ea checks to see what # order should be implemented and starts from there with the correct # of lots. so order # 4 might end up actually being 2.1 lots instead of .5 lots. That way your 2.1 lots could make up the losses that the next normal order (.5), would not be able to if it was started at that particular point in price. your 2.1 lot order now becomes the # 4 order and progresses from there. This would not cut losses if the progression went to 10, but would allow the progression to go farther before closing thus allowing you a better chance of recouping. Or the trades could be closed if it was determined that the trend had changed for a smaller loss than would have normally been incurred. Would this be a feasible idea???

Reason: