10points 3.mq4 - page 89

azman818:
on your charts top left comments TrendVal, TrendType,... TrendVal, do they vary substantially?

The trend direction you see on the chart is determined from the values of the Turbo_JVEL indicator. These indications will vary over time as price rises and falls but the variations shouldn't be dramatic unless there's a big sudden trend shift (news fastbars, etc.). The value of Trendval is determined by the direction and magnitude of the oscillations around the zero-line in the Turbo_JVEL indicator. Values .10 is steep upslope, and in between can be considered ranging/consolidation/transition. Turbo_JVEL is the Jurik Velocity indicator...what it measures is the slope of the Jurik Moving Average, which in the case of Goblin is a pre-wired 7 period MA with a Phase of -100. The +- Phase settings can be tweaked to cause the MA to undershoot or overshoot price.

Hope that helps.

multiple charts of same pair

bluto:
The trend direction you see on the chart is determined from the values of the Turbo_JVEL indicator. These indications will vary over time as price rises and falls but the variations shouldn't be dramatic unless there's a big sudden trend shift (news fastbars, etc.). The value of Trendval is determined by the direction and magnitude of the oscillations around the zero-line in the Turbo_JVEL indicator. Values .10 is steep upslope, and in between can be considered ranging/consolidation/transition. Turbo_JVEL is the Jurik Velocity indicator...what it measures is the slope of the Jurik Moving Average, which in the case of Goblin is a pre-wired 7 period MA with a Phase of -100. The +- Phase settings can be tweaked to cause the MA to undershoot or overshoot price. Hope that helps.

hi bluto,

thanks for the above explanation.

but i found this indicator showing inconsistent TrendVal when i have

multiple H1charts of the same pair

i was toying around with jugulator configuration and had at one stage

up to 4 charts per pair for 3 pairs on one terminal

all these were properly set up and all charts then started at the same

time

then after an hour or so i notice the TrendVal going different among

the same pair -

while one has WEAK downtrend another showed STRONG downtrend

at one point i found and opposite

white one has WEAK downtrend another showed STRONG uptrend

- among the multiple H1charts of the same pair

and since our trade is directly dependent on this TrendVal, i thought

it is something to test for -

like how TerryFrench is testing to see about different results with

different entry time (chart start time).

regards.

tf

azman818:
on your charts top left comments TrendVal, TrendType,... TrendVal, do they vary substantially?

Yes, they do vary. Not 1 number matches across the 4 charts on any currency pair. This is on 4 hr charts only as I do not have any 1 hr charts set up. The gbp/chf show from -.01292 (trend type 4) to .05427 (trend type 2). I have to ask are these values being used all the time or just to start a new trade?

can someone modify 10p3 to trade only asia session and european session.... dont trade US session....

thanks

10points 3 Dynamic Stop

the week's to date results from my settings on post #881.

I will resume Jugulator once the .01 unit settings issues have been resolved.

John

Edited to add that I have restarted Jugulator using the LotPrecision2 as previously suggested and will post tomorrow the results.

Files:

H4 TF Results

Here are the H4 TF results for Jugulator. This version has been running without my latest revisions which I will post in a moment.

H1 TF results

Here are the H1 TF results for Jugulator. This version has been running without my latest revisions which I will post in a moment. I think an H1 TF is all wrong here according to the results.

H4 TF Results

Here are the H4 TF results starting at 0.01 with my latest revisions and a repost of the EA responsable. Last Friday's report gave a bit of a hit but it is rebounding. I think the indicator direction needs some serious looking at since many orders are being placed close to the MaxOrders which means it's going in the wrong direction to begin with although the H4 TF still seems to be profitable. I did notice some results here where not all orders were placed because the market was moving so fast and it hit its SL without 10 MaxOrders. Even though this is not what is supposed to happen it still saved some money by not having as many positions open when the market took off running in the opposite direction. Placing potential orders to be opened before they take place could create more problems than it's worth. First, in a situation where the market goes way wrong you would have more orders that lose and second, once an order(s) are closed due to TP then any potential orders that hadn't been opened would need to be removed.

I remember seeing a post asking me why the EA looks for TP and/or SL since the orders have it set already. I guess I just felt it was a safe guard in case they weren't honored in the software then the EA would have another chance to force the close itself.

Jugulator1.1

Thanks Matt,

I have now attached the latest Jugulator as per the previous post on the majors TF H4.

Settings as below:-

LotSize=0.01000000

LotPrecision=2

TakeProfit=20.00000000

OrderSlippage=5

MaxOrders=10

Pips=15

LotsIncreaseBy=1.60000000

MoneyManagement=0

RiskPercent=5

AccountType=1

Magic=20061113

azman818:
hi bluto,

thanks for the above explanation.

but i found this indicator showing inconsistent TrendVal when i have

multiple H1charts of the same pair

i was toying around with jugulator configuration and had at one stage

up to 4 charts per pair for 3 pairs on one terminal

all these were properly set up and all charts then started at the same

time

then after an hour or so i notice the TrendVal going different among

the same pair -

while one has WEAK downtrend another showed STRONG downtrend

at one point i found and opposite

white one has WEAK downtrend another showed STRONG uptrend

- among the multiple H1charts of the same pair

and since our trade is directly dependent on this TrendVal, i thought

it is something to test for -

like how TerryFrench is testing to see about different results with

different entry time (chart start time).

regards.

I'll try to simulate what you are reporting. The Trendval would indeed be different if you had say 4 charts up for the same pair but all charts had a different TF. The values should all be the same though if all charts have the same TF.

Reason: