Hull Moving Average - page 18

And as if to prove a point, the HMA's (that were above zero in the illustration above) forecast the next move to be up and here it is!

Surely this cannot be true with one indicator superimposed on another to give a prediction?

The HMA can only be correct when it is live as it moves up and down historically.

Both the illustrations are from live charts.

Appreciate your calculated comments please.

TEAMTRADER

Files:
eurusdm5_2.png  75 kb

TEAMTRADER:
Hi MLaden,

I'd like to ask for some opinion based on the HMA separate indicator.

I placed in on top of a CCI-34 histogram indicator (attached) and placed 100/-100 and zero levels on the CCI.

Then I overlaid the HMA separate with settings 21 on top of the CCI.

Basically in live trading the HMA goes under the CCI zero and typically the price trends down. When it goes over zero the trend goes up.

How can these two indicators work together? Specifically how can the zero level of one indicator be a level of another?

Thanks.

TEAMTRADER

PS - I had initially used it on stochastics and found it helpful too, see illustration.

TEAMTRADER

The problem with that kind of superimposing is that HMA separate works in a completely different range of values than the CCI (hma is a moving average and it will work more or less in a range that you will see on your screen, while CCI is an oscillator that works in a complete different range of values - you can not compare those values as if they were equal)

I thought it looked TGTBT but did no know why. I'm still looking to get an EA which is profitable daily - the objective of all of this testing.

I see that in different zoom settings the HMA moves also and that made me doubtful about the validity.

Visually however it is massively helpful as long as one zoom setting is used.

Very good for exits when scalping too.

TEAMTRADER

Hi MLaden,

Is there any way to adapt an under chart MA indicator (any MA indicator, not necessarily the HMA) that can be overlaid onto either a CCI or Stochastics that can offer signals automatically?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
Hi MLaden,

Is there any way to adapt an under chart MA indicator (any MA indicator, not necessarily the HMA) that can be overlaid onto either a CCI or Stochastics that can offer signals automatically?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

The problem will be the range. First of all CCI does not have fixed bounds (the bounds are more or less there but nobody knows exactly what are they since the math model does not assume any bound). And as of average that could then be placed in the same range as CCI : we would have to normalize the average to some known range. Normalizing always changes the relative value of an average and you would not have anything similar to the original MA

Hi there,

Can anyone please tell me if we have a Hull MA with (Ashi price/open/close/high/low) around here, I have one by Ignorad, it one of those that has all averages to choose from, I have it for about a year maybe more to use as confirmation but I adjust just a bit more and now I can't believe how good is behaving, was a awesome week so I would like to try it now in signal mode.

The code is a bit old and if you turn the alert on is a bit annoying, it rings 2 thousands times for the same alert and if I throw notification together on the code then, my phone goes totally crazy zzz zzzz zzzzz all day! (shame on me)

Otherwise the indicator is really nice with 26 MA's and 10 prices to choose,

Because indicators are always so well coded here...

I have search the forum hopping is done here already but couldn't find it, maybe someone can guide me at the right direction?

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend

De Lima

edit:Thanks and sorry to bother but I found what I was looking for!!

Regards

TEAMTRADER:
Hi MLaden,

I'd like to ask for some opinion based on the HMA separate indicator.

I placed in on top of a CCI-34 histogram indicator (attached) and placed 100/-100 and zero levels on the CCI.

Then I overlaid the HMA separate with settings 21 on top of the CCI.

Basically in live trading the HMA goes under the CCI zero and typically the price trends down. When it goes over zero the trend goes up.

How can these two indicators work together? Specifically how can the zero level of one indicator be a level of another?

Thanks.

TEAMTRADER

PS - I had initially used it on stochastics and found it helpful too, see illustration.

please share your templates and indicators ..

Hull Moving Average Histo 2 made to be compatible with the new mt4 builds can be found here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

Here are some of the indicators and rest will follow with the template as the downloads/uploads will not take them at the same time.

The template was a basic test for the HMA superimposed on the CCI and Stochastics. The BB used are standard, not the Better BB version of MLaden which are better for safer trading than the standard version.

TEAMTRADER

avibe:
please share your templates and indicators ..

here are the last indicators and template.

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
Here are some of the indicators and rest will follow with the template as the downloads/uploads will not take them at the same time.

The template was a basic test for the HMA superimposed on the CCI and Stochastics. The BB used are standard, not the Better BB version of MLaden which are better for safer trading than the standard version.

TEAMTRADER
Files:
Reason: