New Firebird EA - page 16

Settings in version 1.0c are nonfunctional. This version calculates the specific settings for each individual pair by using ATR. If you want to use a version which uses aour own settings you have to choose version 1.0a.

Docsniper:
Settings in version 1.0c are nonfunctional. This version calculates the specific settings for each individual pair by using ATR. If you want to use a version which uses aour own settings you have to choose version 1.0a.

Thanks for the reply.

Which version do you use and do you have satisfactory results?

Last week was the worst week for all Firebird-Versions since two or three months. The week before it was absolutly amzaing, one of my demo accounts using Firebird 1.0c on 6 pairs pulled nearly 3000$ net profit (using fixed lot size 0.1lot) out of the markets.

But nevertheless, this account got killed last week, negative float began to massively build ab (due to the drop in GBPUSD).

You may try one of the 1.0b-versions. These initiate a hedge-trade and seem to manage to avoid an extremely high negative float. This EA has a lot of potential, in ranging markets, but one should avoid to trade the cable

fb

schietto:
Hello, I used Firebird 1.0c without the automatic stoploss/take profit level.

I found some very profictable parameters :

MA_length=3

MA_timeframe=5

MAtype=1

Percent=0.05000000

TradeOnFriday=1

slip=90

UseMM=0

Risk=5.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

TakeProfit=20

Stoploss=15

TrailingStop=10.00000000

MaxOpenOrders=2

MinMarginLevel=100.00000000

Fast_Period=23

Fast_Price=1

Slow_Period=84

Slow_Price=1

DivergenceLimit=0.00200000

Use_V63D_Divergence=1

PipStep=200

IncreasementType=0.00000000

DVLimit=10

PipsGoal=500

PipsLoss=500

GMT=0

DST=0

OpeningHour=8

ClosingHour=19

writelog=0

The main point is that I use MA type 1 (based on previous day high/low), a shorter moving average period, low s/l t/p, maximum 2 open positions.

I backtested this strategy for the last six months, and it showed me (on minilots - 0.1) an incredible 5663,10 eur profit for EUR/USD and 2551,46 eur for USDCHF.

It would be nice if someone will start forward testing with my parameters,

since they seem a money making machine...! Let me know your profits with my trading system.

Best Regards,

Salvatore Novello

-forex trader-

i am testing fb with default mono' setting on timeframe-chart 1M, i will start forward testing with your setting, can you post your detailstatement ?

what is the timeframe on chart ?

p.s. this ea gives great result under certain condition, but we must control also a great float, that con damage account

regards

Gianni Pellizzaro

giapel

I believe we are all seeing the same thing here -- great in ranging market and bad in a trending market. The problem is the EA is hard coded for just one market.

Holyguy7 - You have been very quiet for a while since you introduced this new fb ea. Can you please provide some feedback and take this to the original programmers that coded this new ea to see what can be done to improve?

Also, I have tried using the .set files with v1.0a. I find the .set files do not get referenced. However, I may have used some parameters (like MaxOpenOrders) I have found are not present in v1.0a.

Most likely disabling the ATR function so you can play with different settings in v1.0c is the way to go if you want to use some different settings.

giapel:
i am testing fb with default mono' setting on timeframe-chart 1M, i will start forward testing with your setting, can you post your detailstatement ?

what is the timeframe on chart ?

p.s. this ea gives great result under certain condition, but we must control also a great float, that con damage account

regards

Gianni Pellizzaro

giapel

firebird

now, i am testing firebird v65tf and using default parameters

regards

fb 065tf I attach

regards

giapel

Files:

Stopper calculation

giapel:
regards giapel

I noted that there is a functional difference between 63G (1.0a, b and c), and 65tf. In 63G, a method "ChangeOpenOrders" is defined as:

void ChangeOpenOrders(bool ChangeIt, int myTot, double AvePrice)

It was purposed to modify open orders (created with different pipsteps).

however, it will actually do nothing (but waste some CPU time) because it is invoked as:

ChangeOpenOrders(false, myTotal, AveragePrice);

In version 65tf, ALL OPEN ORDERS will be modified TO THE NEWLY CALCULATED PROFIT TARGET, new stop and with new average price.

I have a question about the new StopLoss. It is the initiall stoploss divided by the total number of open orders, for example,

For Sell,

Stopper=AveragePrice+(((Stoploss*Point)/myTotal));

For Buy,

Stopper=AveragePrice-(((Stoploss*Point)/myTotal));

Assuming the initial Stoploss is 300, if we have 5 open orders for the symbol,

the new stoploss will be 60. Is this purposely designed in such a way?

Thanks!

Scott

How do I deactivate the auto stoploss in version c (post #1). I want it to use a fixed stoploss.

Dave <<<

Disabling stoploss in v1.0c

iscuba11 -

This is what I did. I just commented out the following section and the hard settings became effective.

/* SetupGlobalVariables();

double value = iATR(NULL,PERIOD_D1,21,0);

if(Point == 0.01) value = value*100;

if(Point == 0.0001) value = value*10000;

if(value != 0) {

TakeProfit = value*2/10;

Stoploss = value*2;

PipStep = value/10;

}

*/

iscuba11:
How do I deactivate the auto stoploss in version c (post #1). I want it to use a fixed stoploss.
Dave <<<