New Firebird EA - page 15

Hi all this EA is great

But can anyone make a option for Alarm on Buy or Sell....

it would be very nice

After the past 24 hrs of forward testing this new EA, I decided to go back to the M1 charts and tighten up the SL and TP in the .set files... as well as close out all my losing trades.

My problem is I don't see the EA is reading the .set files. I am using v1-0c1 from the first post. I first stopped the EA, then made modifications to the .set files, and restarted the EA. I'm assuming I don't have to log out and log back in?

The one thing I did notice is the file name of the .set files is "firebird_v1.0a_xxxxx.set" even though we're using v1-0c1. So how do I make v1-0c1 read utilize the .set files?

holyguy7:
I started here a new fresh thread about further improvement based on Firebird EA v0.63G engine that seems actually the best version ever made with incredible performance tested by a lot of users in old post.

How it works Firebird ?

Firebird calculates a 10 day SMA and then shifts it up and down based on a percentage to form a channel. For the calculation of this SMA either close (more trades) or H+L (safer trades) is used. When the price breaks a band a postion in the opposite of the current trend is taken. If the position goes against us we simply open an extra position to average (pipstep function).

To avoid enter a trade while a strong trend is in place a divergence function is used that is calculated as difference between a Faster SMA (by default set to 23) and a Slower SMA (by default set to 84).

Mono's Firebird Settings

Contains two versions of preset files that seems to works better. All on M1 timeframe:

1) Fixed setting: Fixed tp=30, sl=300, pipstep=30 for all pairs.

2) Variable setting: Different setting for each pair based on average daily range (in pips). Take profit (TP), Stop loss (LS) and PipStep are calculated with these formulas:

TP = Daily Avg Range times 2 divided by 10 , SL = Daily Avg Range times 2, PipStep = Daily Avg Range divided by 10

EUR/USD TP=22 SL=220 PIPSTEP=11 (Daily Avg Range = 110)

GBP/USD TP=30 SL=300 PIPSTEP=15 (Daily Avg Range = 150)

USD/CHF TP=25 SL=250 PIPSTEP=12 (Daily Avg Range = 125)

EUR/JPY TP=21 SL=210 PIPSTEP=10 (Daily Avg Range = 105)

USD/JPY TP=20 SL=200 PIPSTEP=10 (Daily Avg Range = 100)

USD/CAD TP=21 SL=210 PIPSTEP=10 (Daily Avg Range = 105)

AUD/USD TP=16 SL=160 PIPSTEP=8 (Daily Avg Range = 80)

EUR/CHF TP=10 SL=100 PIPSTEP=5 (Daily Avg Range = 50)

EUR/GBP TP=9 SL=90 PIPSTEP=5 (Daily Avg Range = 45)

AUD/JPY TP=15 SL=150 PIPSTEP=7 (Daily Avg Range = 75)

Let the Forward Testing Begin!

dscott5912:
After the past 24 hrs of forward testing this new EA, I decided to go back to the M1 charts and tighten up the SL and TP in the .set files... as well as close out all my losing trades.

My problem is I don't see the EA is reading the .set files. I am using v1-0c1 from the first post. I first stopped the EA, then made modifications to the .set files, and restarted the EA. I'm assuming I don't have to log out and log back in?

The one thing I did notice is the file name of the .set files is "firebird_v1.0a_xxxxx.set" even though we're using v1-0c1. So how do I make v1-0c1 read utilize the .set files?

you cant change the settings in 1.0c...

thats the reason :

- Average daily range calculated automatically using ATR on past 21 days, there is no more need to setup manually StopLoss,TakeProfit and Pipstep, they are all calculated automatically

if you like to change it then you must use 1.0a

sentaco:
Hi all this EA is great

But can anyone make a option for Alert on Buy or Sell from Firebird.

it would be very nice

Best Regards

Pls some try to do this

this heding ea still doesnot work properley

gonna look at the code

Hi all this EA is great

But can anyone make a option for Alert on Buy or Sell from Firebird.

it would be very nice

Best Regards

Pls some try to do this

dscott5912:

---------------------------

This sounds all well and good about this ea, but in reality last week my demo account got slaughtered literally (Major hemorrhage). This program needs some major surgery to stop trading or minimize losses when the conditions are not right for this program, otherwise this EA will never be able to be traded live with any longterm success.

Dave <<<

Hi,

Could someone please code Firebird V63g to buy and sell with the trend?

I know it is supposed to buy and sell against the trend but I am running an experiment with this new one and the original at the same time, one on EUR/USD, the other on USD/CHF

Can someone please reverse the buy and sell signals and post?

This way I ma hoping to make some pips in the trend and some with a ranging market, hopefully this maintain my float/equity a little better

Thanks

haubentaucher:
only warnings

Hi HB

I have started Firebird_v1.0c from this morning, the settings show a profit target of 30 pips and steps of 30 as well; but the trades initiated show a PT of 15pips and steps are entered at 15 pips intervals too.

Do you know what the problem might be and how to cure it.

Thanks in advance.

Howard

Reason: