New Firebird EA - page 3

sentaco:
Hi holyguy can u please add some option in V1a like in V1c Maxopenorders or Maxtrades....? there is no one

PLs some do this

holyguy7:
Here you go. I hope this helps.

I can not compile it, editor finds 4 errors.

sentaco:
Hi holyguy can u please add some option in V1a like in V1c Maxopenorders or Maxtrades....? there is no one

Files:

TheWicker:
I can not compile it, editor finds 4 errors.

Opps, sorry about that. Go ahead and try to redownload again. Should work now. Also updated on post 1 as well.

Hi!

New to firebird but why not begin to trade with a "trailing start" on pending limit orders?

if market hits your limit order but still go against you, firebird will act as now with multiple orders (just maybe better started). It's just to implement trailing on entry and exit.

To keep the same trading volume we can adjust Lots to the strength of the gap between MA_limit and price relatively to PipStep.

Those are just thoughts, any advice?

Jojo

holyguy7:

Thx holyguy

But the TakeProfit option DONT work. I have changed it to 3 pips but still making orders with TP 22 pips...

I think u have to edit V1a to can make Maxorders... Maxopenorders...

PLs fix that

sentaco:
Thx holyguy

But the TakeProfit option DONT work. I have changed it to 3 pips but still making orders with TP 22 pips...

I think u have to edit V1a to can make Maxorders... Maxopenorders...

PLs fix that

The TakeProfit in the version c is overwritten by following code:

double value = iATR(NULL,PERIOD_D1,21,0);

if(Point == 0.01) value = value*100;

if(Point == 0.0001) value = value*10000;

TakeProfit = value*2/10;

Stoploss = value*2;

PipStep = value/10;

So you could not specify it.

Furthermore, it was found that the daily average true range iATR sometimes (or often) returns value of 0. But I do not understand why its value could be zero. I saw such problem from both IBFX and NF. This will cause a failure in OrderSend. You may see there may be no trades when it should be. No error will be reported unless you add error checking code to the FB.

To avoid this problem, following change may be made:

if (value != 0 )

{

TakeProfit = value*2/10;

Stoploss = value*2;

PipStep = value/10;

}

sentaco:
Hi here is my first statement with this new EA in 1 day. It looks good think about to use it in Real account.... /edit: wrong statement posted. fixxed!

Hello `Ich bin 12` ,

do you have a new statement? Will post my in the evening

haubentaucher

-ich bin 42-

Forward testing for one week

I have been forward testing this EA for about 1 week with good results using TF of 1 min on 6 pairs.

This has been the original vC that was posted.

29.08.2006.htm

Files:
29.08.2006.htm  480 kb

AltF4:
I have been forward testing this EA for about 1 week with good results using TF of 1 min on 6 pairs.

This has been the original vC that was posted.

29.08.2006.htm

very,very nice

could you post a detailled statement only from today, please?

Reason: