New Multi Lot Scalper - page 8

freak:
hi,

i got the same ideas - manual reversals and disabled_hours.

i'll make it in next week so stay tuned

Yeah, good idea...

The thing I like about it is the actual scalping function itself- when it gets the 1-hr trend direction right it's a beautiful thing to watch.

The problem is it lacks intelligence about direction but I think it would work well if you could tell it the direction as you say.

Then you could set it to go after you've done your other tech/fund analysis...the same way you would for any normal trade.

Gramski.

does anybody know some simple (and effective ) directional filter (trend) that I could use (implement) in this ea?

if no - I'll add some SMA because those pivot point technique (it use it) is simply - stupid

Awesome Freak! Thanks!

btw is there a way to make a statement for only 1 pair. I am running the system on UJ and EU. I am up 500 now in 2 days, but I would like to see which is making the most money without having to add up the numbers.

sort it by currency >> make a statement >> copy and past as HTML to your excell (or similar software) and make separate sums for each >> VOILA

watch out for "." and "," in values it could cause problems

if it occurs - replace all "." with "," in statement.html using notepad (or similar) BEFORE copying to the sheet

I still don't know which version of multi lot scalper is used here:

http://www.lightpatch.com/forex/Results_2006_08_11_AUG11/multi%20lot%20scalper%20p%20day.mql%20%20m5.htm

Look - it CHANGES direction within the same day. It must use some extra trend alghoritm...

http://www.lightpatch.com/forex/Results_2006_08_11_AUG11/multi%20lot%20scalper%20p%20day.mql%20%20m5.htm

I've figured out:

- Pips = 3,

- MaxLots = 5.

Help me to figure out TP or Trailing Stop used here. I have no idea.

The only one that could be is 1pip. But is it real?

you could just use default settings.

Another thing that would be great about being able to set long or short, is you could go long on a pair like EURUSD and USDJPY, so the long up trends and down trends caused by the USD would cancle each other out and both would make money in a relatively stable market.

btw my settings right now are

MaxTrades 20

TP 10

Trailing Stop 0

I am having some good success with it, but as I am typing the dollar is getting very strong causing both my EURUSD buy and USDJPY sell to hurt. If they were both buy or sell I would be fine.

freak:
does anybody know some simple (and effective ) directional filter (trend) that I could use (implement) in this ea? if no - I'll add some SMA because those pivot point technique (it use it) is simply - stupid

This is the way I work out 1-hr trend direction.

On a 1-hr chart Setup:

1)Laguerre RSI

2)Triggerlines

3)ttm trend (heiken ashi basically).

When they signal together in the same direction then I assume that is the direction to trade in. Set it up historically on any USD pair and you'll see exactly what I mean.

I'm not sure how programmable that is with this EA - but that's my method in it's most basic form.

I still think it would be great to have some kind of descretionary way of telling it what to do...but hey, that just my opinion.

I still need to keep testing this potential little gem myself....

Gramski

Reason: