Great EA in backtest! - page 139

Version 1.85g

Hi,

i have the version 1.85g. Backtesting is good, but in realtime it not works. I use MT4 from Northfinance in Europe.

Anybody know, what is to do?

It would be great.

Cyberia Dead?

Is this EA dead?

What happened?

MonteCristo

interesting ideas but code needs some work

I would add to the comments from erdenmensch and say that in addition to backtesting you should thoroughly study the code of this ea.

I think there is (and should be a great deal of focus on backtesting and forwardtesting). In addition I think there should be a code review to understand the true intent (beyond making money) of the EA. What is its edge as they say. I feel like you learn much more that way.

In any event I think this EA has some interesting ideas behind it but I don't it truely captures the authors intent and I base that on reading the code and seeing how, as one example "FindSuitablePeriod" returns the best period to use for the current market environment. In order to determine this period bars are compared with offset 1, 2, 3 up to 23. However the total number of pairs of bars analyzed changes. When the bar offset is 1, 5 pairs of bars are reviewed. When the offset is 2, 10 pairs of bars are reviewed. Interesting idea. I question what is done when this optimal period is deterined though. If the period found is 1, 2 7 or 15, the statistics are computed again but this time the stats are based on 115 pairs of bars NO MATTER WHAT THE OPTIMAL PERIOD IS. I do not think that is the intention.

Additionally, the reverse indicator function, is at times, close to replicating similar functionality in AskLogic code. Both functions try to accomplish a similar task. They both flip a boolean and when you do that twice in a row you are back to square one.

So again, I think this EA has some interesting ideas and I think there is room to rip the hood off and do something better.

Backtesters do not include spreads. If the EA is shooting for 2 pips profit and the spread is 2 pips, you break even at best.

Spreads can be hardcoded into the code. You'd have to shoot for 4 pips instead of 2.... drastically reduce profits IMHO. Also, w/ 2000+ trades over the course of a few weeks, spreads will be huge.

Gotta get real people!

erdenmensch:
Hi,

i have the version 1.85g. Backtesting is good, but in realtime it not works. I use MT4 from Northfinance in Europe.

Anybody know, what is to do?

It would be great.

Properly written EA includes spreads. No spreads can be hard-coded into the EA.

Please explain how a "properly written EA" includes spreads? I think we may be saying the same thing. I hardcoded a spread removal from my balance on every trade that is made, and store it in a variable that I display in my journal log. When I trade the same EA live, I delete this special "backtesting" code.

My point is that the MT4 backtester doesn't remove spreads automatically, so the graph is probably bogus.

Shinigami:
Properly written EA includes spreads. No spreads can be hard-coded into the EA.

shohreh:
Hi

I will be going live(not using ct) needed to know which platform I should go with .My main concern are the spreads. Like MIG advertises their spreads being only 2 yet the facts are they requote every day perhaps several times in a day itself

Any recommendations which one to go with ?

thanks

Hey shohreh,

My friend I cant reurn your PM until you free up some space in your box!

Speak with you soon,

Bear-

tdion:
Please explain how a "properly written EA" includes spreads? I think we may be saying the same thing. I hardcoded a spread removal from my balance on every trade that is made, and store it in a variable that I display in my journal log. When I trade the same EA live, I delete this special "backtesting" code. My point is that the MT4 backtester doesn't remove spreads automatically, so the graph is probably bogus.

MT4 chart shows only BID price. You should know that. When you analyze chart you only analyze bid chart. If your broker uses not-fixed spreads, you are being fooled all the time...

MT4 tester includes spreads. If you don't believe me, make an EA and set TP to open price (when you are in 0 order is closed) and set SL to 100. You'll have very rare SLs which means orders include -2 or more starting profit.

Or set TP to 1 and SL to 3. You'll just lose all deals with a straight line on WHC (all deals open with -3).

If you want to correct me, please PM me instead of replying.

Also Cyberia trader is said to be successful but as a matter of fact it has horrible drawdown.

I have what I believe to be a similar EA to this Cyberia one that can make profitable trades. I can't share details here much but would like someone to look at it or test it because its setting seem so similar to the Cyberia one. I could be wrong, and I am a new trader so if anyone can help send me a PM with your yahoo or msn messenger email and we can chat about it and exchange files/details, etc if interested.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177739

I would like to continue testing this EA. I hope that others on here that have already done extensive tests will write up a text document to share on the most optimal settings used. Otherwise it appears as though it has been abandoned.

I have two versions running right now using recommended settings and neither of them are working for me, last time I tested this EA it acted differently but now it seems way out and loses almost every single trade. I must have something wrong unless it is just market conditions, what is everyone else getting?

Which version have you managed to use optimal settings with to gain most consistent winning trades? Please continue to test this EA and share settings used.

It doesn't look like the code writier of this EA is going to comment on this anymore, and I have no idea what else he is doing with EA's these days.

Why am I not getting 300% daily gains on default settings as advertised? And which version gives these returns on default settings....?

I do personally think M15 time frame is best for this EA no matter what version used, as some other members on here have said. And as in my last post I said I have a similar EA that is capable of consistently making profitable trades best works on that time frame. It won't generate 4 million USD in one month though as GP2X said.

So how does one duplicate the results GP2X had? I am interested if it can be done even now. Any help on this greatly appreciated.

Reason: