Volatility Quality Index - page 39

newdigital:
When I was writing previous post - EA opened the trade for EURUSD:

Just attach indicator to the chart and see the crosses - EA is open the trade on crosses.

For now (4 digit pips):

+18 pips for EURJPY

+10 pips for EURUSD.

For GBPJPY - losses because of high volatility of this pair especially for M1 timeframe.

Yes. It is opening trade when the cross occurs at red line. I was thinking with quick way by executing trades on cross on MA...both ways could work..but martingale is the key. I have done manually, without martingale in the long run..it shows loss

The main issue is with Martingale and closing the trade when the trend changes.

It works for martingale. And the trades are closed on opposite signal (on the other crossing the indicator's lines on separate window).

Just continuing this idea about VoltyChannel_Stop indicator:

this indicator can filter false signal. Besides, stop loss (trailing stop) can be coded on this indicator's lines (just an idea):

In this case - we will have normal stop loss and normal trailing stop.

Files:

ohh..ok..My bad.... I will check it out...I was looking into blue and red crossing not the main red crossing on below indicator...

Or next idea ... about martingale:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

if EA opened sell, and if Volatility quality-Stridsman indicator is still showing sell, but VoltyChannel_Stop indicator is showing stop loss so EA can open the other trade by increased lot size with same direction.

You can see:

Files:

I was talking about crossing on separate wondow. because Volatility quality-Stridsman indicator is attached to separate window. And EA is working on the crosses of the lines of this indicator.

newdigital:

if EA opened sell, and if Volatility quality-Stridsman indicator is still showing sell, but VoltyChannel_Stop indicator is showing stop loss so EA can open the other trade by increased lot size with same direction.

This indicator VoltyChannel_Stop (attached) - it is just an idea how to improve EA. This indicator is attached to the main window. And if we will use the lines of this indicator for trailing stop/stop loss, or/and (if martingale = true) so those lines can be used as the "place" to open the next martingale trade (instead of stop loss).

We just need to decide about when all the trades will be closed: something as global stop loss and global take profit values for all martingale cycle.

It is the idea.

newdigital:
... can be used as the "place" to open the next martingale trade (instead of stop loss) ...

by placing pending order. In this case - execution time will be very small, and we will not have requotes (it may be important to use EA for M1 timeframe).

Because this EA VoltyChannel_Stop indicator is working on crosses of Volatility quality-Stridsman indicator only so if we will imprtove it to use the second indicator (VoltyChannel_Stop) - it may be more safe to trade, and every simgle martingale trade will have stop loss moved by trailing stop (that is important in case of martingale).

That's all.

Ideas finished.

Nice to see NewDigital and Mr Tools and Mladen taking interest

Cheers!!!

newdigital:

You can see:

Ok...I tested the EA...However, there still seems to be some issue with the martingale. As you can see the attached image. It placed two buys, however, on trend change, it closed the buys BUT did not place a sell.

VoltyChannel_Stop indicator is a good indicator, We could code it in the EA as filter.

My manual martingale experience is very simple, which seems to work so far. Just add linear lots on loss and close the trade when trend change or use take profit and stop loss.

However, I use the arrow alert on VA to place trades not striedsman red line indicator .

=================

EDIT

Ohhh...guess i'm too fast ...There is a setting MaxOrder=3 default...I think we need to change that to say 100...thats the reason i think it stopped after 3 trades....checking it now

Files:
vq.gif  90 kb

I agree but I think - this EA can not be used for M1 timeframe ... because too many false signals. How to estimate: how many false signals?

Change take profit to 5: trade will be closed on take profit = 5, or on opposite signal. And if it will be many losses for few hours - it means: too many false signals.

We need some additional indicator to be used with this EA (VoltyChannel_Stop or other).

I have experience with this indicator to trade manually too - I used this indicator (arrow alerted VA) together with asctrend arrowed indicator on M5 timeframe live with good results.

newdigital:
I agree but I think - this EA can not be used for M1 timeframe ... because too many false signals. How to estimate: how many false signals?

Change take profit to 5: trade will be closed on take profit = 5, or on opposite signal. And if it will be many losses for few hours - it means: too many false signals.

We need some additional indicator to be used with this EA (VoltyChannel_Stop or other).

I have experience with this indicator to trade manually too - I used this indicator (arrow alerted VA) together with asctrend arrowed indicator on M5 timeframe live with good results.

I Demo'ed the EA last night with 1M time frame, you are right, many false signals. The above EA has problems, after three trades it does not open any new trades and sometimes misses the signal completely.

The attached EA uses the VQ signal on cross not on stridmans cross. It has martingale also, however, once the profit is hit, the next trade is not the min lot, it opens with higher lot.

Also, if one uses stop loss or take profit, after SL or TP is hit, it does not open any new trades...some error. It has Magic Number set at 0, It does not trade on multiple pairs even if we change the magic number.

Without SL or TP on 5M time frame with martingale it looks promising. I agree, we need voltyChannel filter also.

Reason: