Volatility Quality Index - page 38

This one?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

If EA can be backtested to it should work.

I just backtested it and it works.

may be - you forgot to place Volatility quality-Stridsman indicator in indicators' folder?

Ajarn.Chan:
Martingales are dangerous beasts, but fun ! I am not the most expert coder but I will give a try and share whatever comes out of it

Yeah,,,agree... ...With linear lot increase also like 0.10, 0.20, 0.30, 0.40 etc not doubling up, one could lower the draw down significantly.

In my experience trading with VQ manually, the adding of lots does not go beyond 4-5 lots worst 6-7 lots max..but after that the trend is very stronger and the next trade recovers the loss pretty quickly.

It works - default settings with Martingale=false (forward testing):

By the way - M1 timeframe is not so good for this EA, or it should be used martingale feature by changing Martingale to true in the settings of the EA (it is not used by default in the settings).

Files:
volatility_1.jpg  276 kb

censura:
Why switch arrows off do these effect repaint issue and i have email set up also does this effect repain issue
censura:
do you find the indicator line disapears from the screen and you have to refresh indicator or swictch time fames back and forth to see it again??

No. It has no effect. Just put RealTime=False. Thats is all. It will not repaint. The color won't change, you don't have to refresh etc. Just test it in 1M chart and adjust the settings accordingly.

You have to wait for the alert box to appear to confirm the signal, the up and down arrow will come and go sometimes on the live candle, but that is not the signal..only confirm signal would be when alert comes in the pop up box

Good Luck

newdigital:
This one?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

If EA can be backtested to it should work.

I just backtested it and it works.

may be - you forgot to place Volatility quality-Stridsman indicator in indicators' folder?

Yes. I had put the Volatility quality-Stridsman in the indicators folder. From the experts tab. There seems to be no error, both the EA and indicators are loading properly as below.

I did the backtest as well and it is working, but while going demo- live, the EA does not open any trades

On 1M chart EURUSD, we can do demo live testing very fast as VQ changes the trend quite often. I also tested with indicator on chart and used all the three versions of Volatility quality-Stridsman in the thread. I have also tried with different settings still no trades are opening.

I'm using alpari demo account also fxclearing demo platformThanks

2011.03.09 18:31:34 Volatility Quality EA v302 martingle EURUSD,M1 inputs: S1="---------------- Entry Settings"; PriceSmoothing=5; PriceSmoothingMethod=3; MA1Period=9; MA2Period=200; Filter=1; S2="---------------- Money Management"; Lots=0.1; RiskMM=false; RiskPercent=1; Martingale=true; Multiplier=2; MinLots=0.01; MaxLots=100; S3="---------------- Order Management"; MaxTradePerBar=1; StopLoss=0; TakeProfit=0; HideSL=false; HideTP=false; TrailingProfit=0; TrailingStop=0; TrailingStep=0; BreakEven=0; MaxOrders=3; Slippage=3; M

2011.03.09 18:31:35 Volatility quality-Stridsman EURUSD,M1: loaded successfully

I am on Alpari too.

And it works.

You can see:

You can controll about where EA should open the trade: attach indicator to the chart with default settings, and it will open the trade on crosses the lines.

Just check:

Metatrader - Tools - Options:

- enable EA - yes

- disable experts when ... - no

- disable experts when ... - no

- allow live trading - yes

- ask manual confirmation - no

- allow dll imports - yes

- confirm dll - no

- allow external ... yes

Click on EA face on the chart - and the same:

- allow live trading - yes

- ask manual confirmation - no

- allow dll imports - yes

- confirm dll - no

- allow external ... yes

Files:
volatility_2.jpg  189 kb

When I was writing previous post - EA opened the trade for EURUSD:

Just attach indicator to the chart and see the crosses - EA is open the trade on crosses.

For now (4 digit pips):

+18 pips for EURJPY

+10 pips for EURUSD.

For GBPJPY - losses because of high volatility of this pair especially for M1 timeframe.

Files:
volatility_3.jpg  178 kb

It is the situation right now:

By the way - VoltyChannel_Stop indicator (red/blue dots on the main window) can help to filter false signals.

Especially for M1 timeframe.

Files:
volatility_4.jpg  328 kb

It is what I am talking about:

Files:
volatility_5.jpg  235 kb

newdigital:
It works - default settings with Martingale=false (forward testing):

By the way - M1 timeframe is not so good for this EA, or it should be used martingale feature by changing Martingale to true in the settings of the EA (it is not used by default in the settings).

Yes. It is opening trade when martingale is set to False. However, it does not close trade at trend change. Yes. Martingale is very important for this EA, else, it will not show profit in the long term.

It is basically the same as before that we had problem with. The main issue is with Martingale and closing the trade when the trend changes.

Reason: