Volatility Quality Index - page 5

guys again could any body post the mq4 file or tell me how to transfer the posted file to an mq4 thanks

cementman:
guys again could any body post the mq4 file or tell me how to transfer the posted file to an mq4 thanks

The file attached works fine, you need to put it in your indicators folder.

cementman:

I think the silence is a polite way for the author to say: "No, I'm not going to release the source code."

I'd love to have the source code to make an EA out of it and tailor it, but I didn't contribute to it's development so I don't have a 'right' to it. I'm hoping over time we'll get a chance at it.

Just my +2 pips.

MarkC.

thank you guys..by the way i did put it in the idicators folder and it doesn't show up in my custom indicators ..also if someone don't want to give he's source code which i didn't mean to have it all i wanted is for the indicator to work, i'm not a programmer and even if i have a code i don't know what to do with it caz i'm just a user, so all he'll have to say sorry i don't want to give it away and i'll totaly respect that..any way i think that he did a great job and all of you guys helping to develope this method..thanks again.

cementman:
thank you guys..by the way i did put it in the idicators folder and it doesn't show up in my custom indicators ..also if someone don't want to give he's source code which i didn't mean to have it all i wanted is for the indicator to work, i'm not a programmer and even if i have a code i don't know what to do with it caz i'm just a user, so all he'll have to say sorry i don't want to give it away and i'll totaly respect that..any way i think that he did a great job and all of you guys helping to develope this method..thanks again.

Did you close Metatrader and reopen it? I don't think newly deposited indicators (unless you built it through MetaEditor) show up until you do that.

It's not a problem to ask for source code. If you were to demand it, then I think you'd get a lot of angry responses.

thank you 67-17454 i also did that but nothing happened i'm not totaly new at this but i don't know whats wrong

Cementman,

Have you thought of uninstalling Metatrader and reinstalling again ? I had to do that once and havent had any problems since.

cementman:
thank you 67-17454 i also did that but nothing happened i'm not totaly new at this but i don't know whats wrong

quickturtle..thanks this i have not done..i'll try it and thanks again

Can You translate it to mq4

Type : Indicator, Name : Volatility Quality Index

Variables:

VQI(0),

SumVQI(0);

If TrueRange 0 and (High - Low) 0 Then

VQI = ((Close - Close[1]) / TrueRange + (Close - Open) / (High - Low)) * 0.5

Else

VQI=VQI[1];

VQI = AbsValue(VQI) * ((Close - Close[1] + (Close - Open)) * 0.5);

SumVQI = SumVQI + VQI;

Plot1(SumVQI,"");

Plot2(Average(SumVQI,9),"");

Plot3(Average(SumVQI,200),"");

I think, in easylanguage:

TrueRange = max(-[low], max(-val([close],1), val([close],1)-[low]));

Thank You

Raff

elihayun:
Great job, Raf.

I do like the visual signals (the up/down arrow) but I do not like the sound signal. Can u add another parameter to distinguish between them?

Even when signal is turned off, I stiil have sound signal in every tick.

Thanks in advance

Eli

I found this bug - "sound signal in every tick"...

I added newest version of VQ to my posts...

In this version alert will show only once.

Raff

You will find new version of VQ at post #1

Reason: