Help in Programming an EA for News.....

Hi I was wondering if I could enlist the help of someone to help program an EA that would be used

to trade news events.

I have developed a very simple method which I try to use before all major news events, which has

been working very well over the past few months, and I would like to now automate it.

I would really love to automate this method as it makes having to sit in front of the PC when

these major news announcements are coming out plus having a full time job very difficult to

manage.

I thank anyone who may be able to help in advance.

Best Regards....

I have a similar method, but I open the order 2 seconds before the news event, and close positions within about 5 or 10 seconds. I think if an EA would do this on every hour and half hour throughout the day, it would get the majority of news events with minimal drawdown. I have been playing with a 4 or 5 pip trailing stop which works well since a spike pushes up quickly and there is little or no retracement until after some pips have been made.

Try using the one at www.forex-experts.com. You can lease it for $49.00 a month and has some very good options with it. I use this site for all my EA and indicator programming - They are great! If you contact Yaroslav, the owner, tell him Dave the Minister referred you to them.

Dave <<

KRUSHER_15,

There are many EAs based on News. But I'm affraid that all of them are commercial ones.

For example I've found one EA for $17 (mql4 file). It is the most low price.

I don't have this EA because I think it is not difficult to code. I wrote pm to Igorad and hope that he will be able to do it.

This EA ($17 for source code - mql4) is having the following settings (my translation from Russian website):

1. SHour, SMinute - NonFarm Payrolls is at 14:30 according Alpari MetaTrader Time so we are setting the values 2 mintes before: SHour(14), SMinute(28);

2. TotalOrd - Number of pair orders: 1 - one pair orders (buy stop and sell stop), 2 - two pair orders; 1 as default;

3. OrdLife1, OrdLife2 - order life nonexecuted perding orders in minutes (for 1 peding pairs of the orders and for 2 pending pair of the orders if we have second pair of course - see TotalOrd);

4. Range1, Range2 - distance in pips between pending order pruice and the current price;

5. Stop1, Stop2 - Stop loss;

6. Profit1, Profit2 - Take profit;

7. Lots1,Lots2 - Lot size.

I wrote to Igorad and I think he will be able to do it. But if he is busy so I can do (next week because I am doing some excel files for elite EAs testing results now). But as I am not a coder so it will take a long time for me to code. And Igorad is doing it very quickly. But I think any programmer can code it as it is not difficult.

Hi,

some time ago I've developed TimeBreakExpert that opens orders at established time. So I think that it's good base for development of NewsTrader.

This EA is more advanced because use Trailing Stop and BreakEven. I think it's very important for such systems. Now I've made some small changes of code for your needs. Try to test this EA on demo.

Igor

Files:

igorad:
Hi,

some time ago I've developed TimeBreakExpert that opens orders at established time. So I think that it's good base for development of NewsTrader.

This EA is more advanced because use Trailing Stop and BreakEven. I think it's very important for such systems. Now I've made some small changes of code for your needs. Try to test this EA on demo.

Igor

Igorad,

I have a question.

Igorad,

What is BreakEven and how to use it?

What is StopTrade (true or false)? What does it mean?

TimeZone is difference between local computer time and Metatrader time, right?

If I have 05:30 according to computer time, and 12:30 according to Metatrader North Fiance time so TimeZone will be 7, right?

It is profitable EA generally.

But it is necessary to optimize the settings. Because i don't know what BreakEven is and StopTrade. Besides I am not sure about the time to open the orders. It may be different time according to backtesting results.

I will try to find the good settings.

Hi,

Concerning BreakEven - EA'll move StopLoss to OrderOpenPrice level if your profit is more this value. So you can use Trailing Stop and/or Breakeven for save your profit.

About TimeZone:

TimeZone = MTtime - Localtime

StopTrade - switch for opening of pending orders, if true - Expert will sleep.

igorad:
Hi,

Concerning BreakEven - EA'll move StopLoss to OrderOpenPrice level if your profit is more this value. So you can use Trailing Stop and/or Breakeven for save your profit.

About TimeZone:

TimeZone = MTtime - Localtime

StopTrade - switch for opening of pending orders, if true - Expert will sleep.

So if I understand BreakEven is the first step of trailing.

And LocalTime is local time in my computer.

Reason: