[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 361

Diubakin:
1. Здраствуйте, подскажите пожалуйста, есть ли возможность доступа к исторической тиковой информации в МТ4, средствами MQL4? То есть что-то вроде "тик-серии"?

2. Is it possible to program MA on the basis of ticks, but not timeframes (time series)? Sorry if I am not expressing myself correctly. In short, I need a tick history...

1. Read articles (do a search) on how the strategy tester works.

2. such a possibility exists - but here the choice of the company, through which to work, its trading conditions, etc., plays a very important role. For this you need a tick history, then "download" it into MT4... Many more things - this is not a complete list of questions that need to be solved...

See at the very end of the site code base - an Expert Advisor (author of the composter) - Save... - do not remember its exact name - how to write the tick history of a quote provider (DC).

Thanks for the help, if I understood correctly, then in MT4 the full-fledged work with ticks is a serious problem, that is, to be able to use all possibilities (indicators, experts, scripts) as on timeframes and therefore when programming on the basis of tick information there are many additional problems, which would be very difficult for a beginner to solve. Was it really so difficult for developers to make a complete work with tick information?

Diubakin:
1. Спасибо за помощь, если я правильно понял, то в МТ4 полноценная работа с тиками - это серьёзная проблем, то есть чтоб можно было использовать все возможности(индикаторы, эксперты, скрипты) как на таймфреймовых графиках и соответственно при программировании на основе тиковой информации возникает масса дополнительных задач, которые начинающему решить будет очень сложно.

2. Was it very difficult for the developers to do a full-fledged job with tick information?

1. it depends on your basic training - what programming languages do you speak, your ability to learn, assimilate and apply learning materials, many other things... If all is well, there is a desire and aspiration to study in this direction, then to understand and apply all this pleasure in practice, I am sure, it is not difficult and possible. If at all..., then it is very difficult, if not impossible, to do it yourself, the possibility, I don't mean through a joba...

2. Here, ask the developers themselves.

pension:
Excuse me, how should I have written the code to keep the spaces, but it's scary to look at it myself? In the draft in the text editor, everything was fine.

Here in the editor, press ktrl+alt+M - put the code through the clipboard in this window, then press "Paste" at the bottom, then continue with your array.

Dear Professionals. Below is a fragment of the Expert Advisor, which is often repeated in it, in different places, for different purposes.
Question. Why do Expert Advisors write the B operator (basic condition on p4) after the A operator? Or I don't understand something, or it's just reinsurance-precision,
or they are aware of some pitfalls? Then what could the unexpected happen?
I have another suggestion, it is an element of structuring the programme, to improve understanding of its logic, but then if such a technique is used frequently

the performance of the programme is impaired. Please explain what is the purpose of writing page 4.

for (cnt = OrdersTotal() - 1; cnt >= 0; cnt--) {                                       //стр.1
       OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);                                   //стр.2
       if (OrderSymbol() != Symbol() || OrderMagicNumber() != MagicNumber)  continue;  //стр.3 Оп-р А.
       if (OrderSymbol() == Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == MagicNumber)             //стр.4 Оп-р Б.
                   if (OrderType() == OP_BUY || OrderType() == OP_SELL)                //стр.5 Пример нужного оператора
                                                 Profit += OrderProfit();              //стр.6 Пример нужного действия
        }                                                                              //стр.7

Vinin:

It is difficult to say without knowing a lot of things about the real thing. But at a first approximation 50% is safe to say. I mean a repeat of the result.

I see, thank you!

pension:
Question. Why do experts write operator B (main condition page 4) after operator A?

the continue statement ends the current iteration of the for loop if the current instrument name is not equal or the magician is not equal, i.e. below the continue statement the code will not be executed until "our order", the second if statement checks for simultaneous execution of conditions

A bit cumbersome code, look at the https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/131859 branch , there are a lot of smartly written functions

There is (I am writing) an indicator which simulates keyboard presses as required via keybd_event(...) . The indicator has to stand on several charts. So, if another chart is open, even without indicator, while the chart with indicator is hidden, this pressing is sent to this other, active window and is not sent to the closed one with indicator. And if you run the indicator on several charts, it will be...!!!

The question is, how does the indicator know? that its chart is inactive, to at least block this sending or, if sending, should it send this push to its own, inactive window?

pension:
Dear Professionals. Below is a fragment of the Expert Advisor, which is often repeated in it, in different places, for different purposes.
Question. Why do Expert Advisors write operator B (basic condition on p4) after operator A? Either I do not understand something, or it's just reinsurance-refinement,
or are they aware of any pitfalls? Then what might be the unforeseen?
I have another suggestion, it is an element of structuring the program, to improve understanding of its logic, but then if such a technique is often used

the performance of the programme is impaired. Please explain what is the purpose of writing page 4.

The best thing to do is to check the operation of this owl yourself with page 4, without page 4... in tester, on demo - doesn't matter... Two variants - let them work in parallel at the same time, on the same instrument... Then post the samples of these two variants here. It just seems like over-insurance... After all, if we passed condition A, then we can safely go to the line №5 - reinsurance...

I'm totally confused with the optimization.

The task is to see how the EA will work on a given period, the result is not important yet.

We have an initial balance of $10000. One parameter to be optimized. I set the limiting condition - minimum balance is $1000. Tester searches and says "no results". Ok. I start testing and see that maximal drawdown is 532$ and final balance is 9378$. I.e. balance for the period is always more than $1000, but the tester does not show it during optimization. Why? A search on forums shows that there is no such a problem, which means I do not understand the meaning of "minimum balance" correctly...

Reason: