Help in Programming an EA for News..... - page 3

Small changes to TimeBreakExpert v1.1

Hi Igorad and others

I would like this ea to update the pending orders at a definable time (in minutes). For example the Ea places two pending orders at a given time (buy stop and sell stop). I want to be able to define the update time (10m or or 20m or anything else). After the defined time, if no pending order was activated, the ea will udjust the pending orders gap again, to the current market price, and so on untill order is activated. This update time shold be optimizable when running strategy tester.

The reason for this is I want to be able to sample the various currencie pairs and find out if there are specific hours during the day, in which small breakouts are more likely to turn in to larger breakouts. This might be usefull and profitable information.

I sure hope you can make this small change for me Igorad (or some other programmer)

Thanks in advance

Arie

Files:

arie keynan:
...After the defined time, if no pending order was activated, the ea will udjust the pending orders gap again, to the current market price, and so on untill order is activated. ...

Sorry it is not very undrstandable.

You mean that if the orders are not acticated so this orders will be deleted or not?

And new orders will be placed, right?

Immediately or on just pre-selected time?

If in pre-selected time so it is NewsTrader_v5 EA (see files thread).

Clarification

Sorry it is not very undrstandable.

What i mean it, that after a predefined time (in minutes) within the timefilter's trading hours, the straddle orders will be deleted, and immediately new straddle orders will be placed. And so if the defined updating period is 10minutes for example, at the end of EVERY 10 minutes (if no order is active of course) the old pending orders will be deleted and new pending orders placed.

Thanks

Arie

My Take on this

Hi everyone,

I'm new here but I would like to make a contribution, that perhaps we can all make work better. I am attaching my version of a breakout or news trader, probably similar to others but mine does delete old pending orders and recreates them at every new bar. I had some success with it in the past, but I find it is so hard to get good fills with minimum slippage, which makes it less desirable. You can breakout over as many bars as you like in any timeframe you like. The stoploss works on the basis of the previous low or high, plus or minus your stop. This is to ensure that it is a real loser during spikes, can be modified though.

regs,

DFX

Files:
breakout.mq4  10 kb

I'm new here but I would like to make a contribution, that perhaps we can all make work better. I am attaching my version of a breakout or news trader, probably similar to others but mine does delete old pending orders and recreates them at every new bar. I had some success with it in the past, but I find it is so hard to get good fills with minimum slippage, which makes it less desirable. You can breakout over as many bars as you like in any timeframe you like. The stoploss works on the basis of the previous low or high, plus or minus your stop. This is to ensure that it is a real loser during spikes, can be modified though

Hi and thanks. I will play with it some more later. But for the research i have in mind, the TimeBreakExpert is more suitable. Hope someone will make the required changes

Arie

I like this EA, but it has OCO built in. Can someone recode it or tell me what to delete from the code so that it doesn't delete the pending buy if a sell is open and vice versa.?

Edit: I think I figured it out, I got it to compile and it actually works!

Files:

NEW Successful Straddle Strategies

I have attached 2 successful straddle strategies that MTI has started teaching their students and uses in-house to make many, many pips. I have been manually trading and they work well. Would someone skilled be interested in coding these into an EA? I think we would all be greatly rewarded.

I am only posting these to the Elite Section.

Thanks

fxfib

Reason: