Heiken Ashi Idea - page 14

Hi everyone,

I have been playing with Heiken Ashi and it's various versions sprinkled over the forum. Among all of them I found this "Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed_Alert_Bar1" to be the best.

Can anyone make an indicator which displays the colors of attached Heiken Ashi over different time frames? Much like 4TF Has bar.

Or point me to the post where it has already been provided. Any kind of help will be appreciated.

I am attaching the indicator with the post. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sahilsri

4 time frame heiken ashi smoothed ...

Here is a 4 time frame heiken ashi smoothed indicator )in the lower sub-window - it is showing colors of 4 different time frame heiken ashi smoothed values)

It has 2 modes of operating : using heiken ashi high-low values for color (wick color, UseHAHighLowparameter set to true) or using open-close (the body color, UseHAHighLowparameter set to false)

Sahilsri:
Hi everyone,

I have been playing with Heiken Ashi and it's various versions sprinkled over the forum. Among all of them I found this "Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed_Alert_Bar1" to be the best.

Can anyone make an indicator which displays the colors of attached Heiken Ashi over different time frames? Much like 4TF Has bar.

Or point me to the post where it has already been provided. Any kind of help will be appreciated.

I am attaching the indicator with the post. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sahilsri

mladen:
Here is a 4 time frame heiken ashi smoothed indicator )in the lower sub-window - it is showing colors of 4 different time frame heiken ashi smoothed values)

It has 2 modes of operating : using heiken ashi high-low values for color (wick color, UseHAHighLowparameter set to true) or using open-close (the body color, UseHAHighLowparameter set to false)

Thanks Mladen, good job

hi! i think a lot of heiken ashi attached on this thread are wrong in average calculation !

in start() you can see :

maOpen=iMA(NULL,0,MaPeriod,0,MaMetod,MODE_OPEN,pos);

maClose=iMA(NULL,0,MaPeriod,0,MaMetod,MODE_CLOSE,pos);

maLow=iMA(NULL,0,MaPeriod,0,MaMetod,MODE_LOW,pos);

maHigh=iMA(NULL,0,MaPeriod,0,MaMetod,MODE_HIGH,pos);

but MODE_XXXX is not the right parameters per iMA !

the right is :

maOpen=iMA(NULL,0,MaPeriod,0,MaMetod,PRICE_OPEN,pos);

maClose=iMA(NULL,0,MaPeriod,0,MaMetod,PRICE_CLOSE,pos);

maLow=iMA(NULL,0,MaPeriod,0,MaMetod,PRICE_LOW,pos);

maHigh=iMA(NULL,0,MaPeriod,0,MaMetod,PRICE_HIGH,pos);

Files:

You are right

It has been known for a long time (see this post for example : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179404 , with an explanation and some more corrected versions too) but one can not go and revoke all the ones with that error in it. But in heiken ashi smoothed (since it is the one that had that error in the first place, and then almost all "smoothed" versions inherited that error) the later MathMin and MathMax are "saving" the problem to some extent (after all that calculations it leaves a candle without a lower wick). If there were not those min and max it (the error) would be big.

Anyway, the upper 4 time frame heiken ashi indicator does the calculation as it should be ...

drcrck:
hi! i think a lot of heiken ashi attached on this thread are wrong in average calculation !

in start() you can see :

maOpen=iMA(NULL,0,MaPeriod,0,MaMetod,MODE_OPEN,pos);

maClose=iMA(NULL,0,MaPeriod,0,MaMetod,MODE_CLOSE,pos);

maLow=iMA(NULL,0,MaPeriod,0,MaMetod,MODE_LOW,pos);

maHigh=iMA(NULL,0,MaPeriod,0,MaMetod,MODE_HIGH,pos);

but MODE_XXXX is not the right parameters per iMA !

the right is :

maOpen=iMA(NULL,0,MaPeriod,0,MaMetod,PRICE_OPEN,pos);

maClose=iMA(NULL,0,MaPeriod,0,MaMetod,PRICE_CLOSE,pos);

maLow=iMA(NULL,0,MaPeriod,0,MaMetod,PRICE_LOW,pos);

maHigh=iMA(NULL,0,MaPeriod,0,MaMetod,PRICE_HIGH,pos);

Original idea for this indicator comes from March 2012 issue of Traders' magazine

It was presented by Dan Valcu, Instead of trying to describe what it is about, here is a quote from Dan Valcu from the "Trade ahead of the Crowd" article where he talks abut the indicator called haDelta :

What Is haDelta?

Heikin-Ashi is a price filtering technique based on modified open/high/low/close (OHLC) values. Its revolutionary charts reveal trends, consolidations and reversals in greater detail. A remarkable enhancement of this technique comes with the construction of haDelta, defined as the difference between haClose and haOpen. As a momentum indicator it can be used to alert for impending trend reversals but also as other momentum indicators. Since haDelta is a raw measurement of Heikin-Ashi candles, it is recommended to use it together with a short 3-bar simple average SMA(3).

The examples in this article are an excellent practical guide for traders. As with any technique or strategy, haDelta and Heikin-Ashi in general, should be implemented with solid risk management rules.

So here is the haDeltaindicator. There is one addition to the original idea : BetterFormula parameter. If you set it to tru it will use the so called Better formula for heiken ashi calculation (it is described at this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175407 ), otherwise it will use the "classical" calculation. "Better formula" is a bit "faster" so if one plans to use this indicator for scalping it might be a good idea to turn the better formula on. Other than that, I think no additional explanation is needed : it is a classical value + signal line indicator and it can be used for entries on crosses of the 2 lines (along with 0 line crosses, of course : remember that 0 line cross of the value itself means that heiken ashi trend has changed)

Files:
hadelta.gif  23 kb
hadelta.mq4  3 kb

haDelta - multi time frame ...

Multi time frame version of haDelta posted at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page243

mladen:
Original idea for this indicator comes from March 2012 issue of Traders' magazine

It was presented by Dan Valcu, Instead of trying to describe what it is about, here is a quote from Dan Valcu from the "Trade ahead of the Crowd" article where he talks abut the indicator called haDelta :

So here is the haDeltaindicator. There is one addition to the original idea : BetterFormula parameter. If you set it to tru it will use the so called Better formula for heiken ashi calculation (it is described at this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175407 ), otherwise it will use the "classical" calculation. "Better formula" is a bit "faster" so if one plans to use this indicator for scalping it might be a good idea to turn the better formula on. Other than that, I think no additional explanation is needed : it is a classical value + signal line indicator and it can be used for entries on crosses of the 2 lines (along with 0 line crosses, of course : remember that 0 line cross of the value itself means that heiken ashi trend has changed)

Thanks for this nice indicator

Is it possible to make Histogram version of this indicator like ' 0 Cross ' above = Green, below = red

Thanks in advance.

haDelta with histogram ...

Here you go

secretcode:
Thanks for this nice indicator

Is it possible to make Histogram version of this indicator like ' 0 Cross ' above = Green, below = red

Thanks in advance.
Files:
hadelta_2.mq4  3 kb

Mladen

mladen:
Here you go

That's Great !!!

Actually it was too fast !!

Thank You

Reason: