Nonlagging Tools - page 17

Hi guys,

today two trades

short cable at 1.9480, exit 1.9424 +55 pips

short euro at 1.3150, exit 1.3108 +40 pips.

Lets see ny session how it goes.

trade

Hi,

today no trade for cable,

euro a small long trade 1.3089 +10, very quiet london session, lets see ny.

A very strong and fast move during the news non farm payroll, my entry was at 1.9320, already took half with +10 , and moved stoploss to breakeven, it is a short signal, very risky due to the strong move, i`ll exit carefully, right now price is at 1.9292.

One observation, i did this short entry because it was one strong new expected only, but usually fridays in ny session with lots of news i dont trade it.

Final exit, 1.9308. Total of both sessions.+10pips and +22 pips.

today we had some signals,

first long in cable around 5 am too early, did not take the cross, then later

in ny session, euro and cable short, euro gave +10 then returned back, but in the case of cable, the mtf crossed dissappeared , it was there and then after some candles went off, newdigital, do you have any idea? does it repaints?

cami:
today we had some signals,

first long in cable around 5 am too early, did not take the cross, then later

in ny session, euro and cable short, euro gave +10 then returned back, but in the case of cable, the mtf crossed dissappeared , it was there and then after some candles went off, newdigital, do you have any idea? does it repaints?

You are talking about yesterday? MTF_AbsoluteStrength_v1 indicator?

I did not trade yesterday: I saw the upcoming forex news and decided not to trade.

any mtf indicator is the following:

if you use mtf indicator with H1 settings on M5 chart so this indicator may repaint the last 1 hour bar.

It is ok for H1 chart because we understand it as "open bar" and "close bar". But it we use it for M5 chart so we have the same: current open H1 bar (repainting but we all know about it) and closed H1 bar (which was 1 hour ago and we all fully rely on this close bar).

Where is H1 close bar on H1 chart?

It is previous bar. Previous from current. Or 1st bar (0 bar is the current bar).

Where is H1 close bar on M5 chart? 1 hour ago (no more than 1 hour ago: sometimes 5 minutes ago, sometimes 1 hour ago). And everything which is less then 1 hour may be repaint sometimes.

Just sometimes (from 5 minutes till 1 hour "ago").

That is why I said that it is very difficult to trade using this indicator.

If you are using some trading system so it is ok: the movement of mtf indicator may be confirmed anyway so it's no problem.

I am not using this MTF_AbsoluteStrength_v1 indicator alone. I am using it together with some other system just for more understanding.

You are not using this indicator alone so it is ok.

Thanks a lot ND,

you are right, i use it with other indicators, maybe the confirmation with it is what works, so then today, i am short cable 1.9398 still dont get even +10, will close it when i get there, ugly day today and yesterday, no news.

Files:

Hi,

Today i had 2 trades, the first one a long in london session, cable at 1.9400, a very ugly one with mtf and price trender crossing and uncrossing, so it was terribly difficult to make a safe entry, got +11 pips there.

Right now a short at 1.9366 already +10, waiting for final exit, this time not so difficult, New digital would like to ask you which indicator would you use to confirm MTF AS, because i am using basicly price trender and today it dissapointed me by far, any suggestion for an indicator that does not repaint?

thanks a lot my friend.

cami:
Hi,

Today i had 2 trades, the first one a long in london session, cable at 1.9400, a very ugly one with mtf and price trender crossing and uncrossing, so it was terribly difficult to make a safe entry, got +11 pips there.

Right now a short at 1.9366 already +10, waiting for final exit, this time not so difficult, New digital would like to ask you which indicator would you use to confirm MTF AS, because i am using basicly price trender and today it dissapointed me by far, any suggestion for an indicator that does not repaint?

thanks a lot my friend.

PriceTrend is more informative than PriceTrender. PriceTrend indicator will give you the information about where the price now and what will be in the near future. But it re-paints of course.

not repaint?

MACD, VQ, any RoundPrice or MA or digital filters, any versions of fibo/pivot (to see above/below pivot line whch is uptrend/downtrend for me in M5 timeframe), any kind of NRTR. Stochastic, Parabolic ...

MA is ok: you may set many levels and you will see some kind of a channel to understand about "to enter or not to enter what is the ..."

FiboChannel indicator is ok as well.

And standard Metatrader's indicators are not bad really. Those indicators are very good and do not re-paint. Just a settings ...

Asctrend indicator may be ok.

Or LabTrend by Igorad.

CCI or WoodieCCI.

Don't complicate this subject

All you need to know is the following:

- where the price is right now or which kind of trend do you have and when this trend will be finished (by indicators);

- where the price was some time ago and which kind of trend was some time ago (by indicators);

- what to do in the near future and when (you always have a choise in this last option , I mean option about what to do in the near future ).

"Where the price was 30 minutes ago" for example - MACD, any versions of CCI, any pivot and so on.

"Where the price is right now" and "what to do in the near future to be ready": MTF indicator, priceTrender or PT and so on confirming by others but "not - repaint" indicators.

Stochastic may be good. Just probem with settings for M5 timeframe. 34/5/5 may be good.

Why pivot is good? If you are not using pivot, or any support/resistance/levels and so on, so you should confirm M5 timeframe on H1 or H4 timeframe. But it is MTF already and as you know MTF is re-painting the past. So pivot/fibo/support/resistance/NRTR (reversal) may be ok. Just for orientation.

Does Step MA V7.1 Repaint?

Does the Step MA V7.1 repaint the past? If so, is there any way to back test this indicator in MT4? Thank you.

Reason: