Self-trained MA cross! - page 5

Hi, I coded in about an hour the EA attached but don't have time to work on it any more, it is based on the ideas from post 6 to make a self training ma cross. Could someone take a look and lets improve it together ?

The code isn't the neatest I was in a rush !

Hope it can help someone though

Files:

leeb:
Hi, I coded in about an hour the EA attached but don't have time to work on it any more, it is based on the ideas from post 6 to make a self training ma cross. Could someone take a look and lets improve it together ?

Hi folks

Forgive me if I spoil the party .MA crosses on their own do not work.In a ranging market you get all the losses.

If it was self trained would it enter earlier?You still have the same problem in ranging markets

How would you use it?

Could you not use a quicker moving average for the fast moving average or lwma or faster hma

Can somebody explain what I am missing?

OILFXPRO

are Better's profits a result of this thread ?

interview: News - Automated Trading Championship 2007

Files:
atc.jpg  27 kb

oilfxpro:
Hi folks

Forgive me if I spoil the party .MA crosses on their own do not work.In a ranging market you get all the losses.

If it was self trained would it enter earlier?You still have the same problem in ranging markets

How would you use it?

Could you not use a quicker moving average for the fast moving average or lwma or faster hma

Can somebody explain what I am missing?

OILFXPRO

Yes it was an idea to create EA which will be optimized for the best settings by itself. I mean once per week Ea will be optimized automatically and new settings will be placed in EA automatically and everything is without our participation.

Because problem with any MA crossing system is the following: market is changing more quickly than settings in EA and it is more related to MA systems. So, it was a decision ...

But later on I saw the article about automatic auto-optimizing EA during the trading with new settings placing to EA with any human participating ... it was on Metaquotes website ... So, the problem can be solved at least for coders and for EAs ... But still problem for indicators if we want to have indicators optimized by settings automatically once a half a year or once per month for example.

Hi newdigital, could you post a link to that metaquotes article about self-optimising systems ? Thanks, Lee

You can find it here.

Also I think that any indicator with some signal algorithm can be used as the simplest tester because we can calc cumulative profit. So it should facilitate process of optimization.

leeb:
Hi newdigital, could you post a link to that metaquotes article about self-optimising systems ? Thanks, Lee

Thanks guys, looks interesting

leeb:

Thank's leeb..

I'll check it out

Pj

Anyone got this to back test yet keep getting mismatch errors.

Reason: