Self-trained MA cross! - page 7

Ma

If that's by adapting the MA's you may be less than prepared for the beginning of a trend, no?

stas13:
If that's by adapting the MA's you may be less than prepared for the beginning of a trend, no?

MA's are trend follower so the answer is no. MA's can not predict the trend but they follow it. They works in trendy market.

I'm working in the indicator and I'll release it soon. But unfortunately it will be my first commercial indicator. I've never sold an indicator before

A unique idea of MA application for forecast is inside John Ehler's books. Basically you start with a periodical wave function model (like a sine wave) then use its derivative (f'(x) of sin(x)). In conditions where the structure is intact, you will have reliable prediction (to a certain degree).

oR4z0r:
A unique idea of MA application for forecast is inside John Ehler's books. Basically you start with a periodical wave function model (like a sine wave) then use its derivative (f'(x) of sin(x)). In conditions where the structure is intact, you will have reliable prediction (to a certain degree).

Could you explain more?

Is this related to the Auto Moving Average Optimization?

This could be a great EA!

thanks so much

Files:

If you need help coding this and backtesting, I am usually very busy but if you do not mind it taking a few weeks/months, I can help you to backtest ideas using Amibroker ?

tinhdqt:
Can you help me insert this code into Moving Average (MetaQuotes):

{

//Define trading hours

if(UseHourTrade)

{

if((Hour()>=FromHourTrade)&&(Hour()<=ToHourTrade))

Comment("Trading Hours");

else

{

Comment("Non-trading Hours");

return(0);

}

}

Here you go!

ppc123:
For how to do auto-optimization for your EAs, have a look at this link: Automated Optimization of a Trading Robot in Real Trading - MQL4 Articles

I found an easier method (or not):

Optimize cross Moving average - MQL4 Code Base

maybe someone can make a function with it that we can use with others indicators too...

Thanks for the link. Interesting indicator.

The optimization functions are already in the code and pretty straight forward. It shouldn't be too big a job to adjust it to suit your needs.

Lux

Reason: