Coding help - page 779

Hi coding gurus, 

just wondering if it's even possible to create an EA (to code) where the EA analyses two or three different time frames at the same time as part of making trading decision ??

xevieros:

Hi coding gurus, 

just wondering if it's even possible to create an EA (to code) where the EA analyses two or three different time frames at the same time as part of making trading decision ??

Yes, of course it is possible.

xevieros:

Hi coding gurus, 

it's possible but only in MT5

Jean Francois Le Bas:

it's possible but only in MT5

Please don't post false information.

Of course it is possible for MT4.

xevieros:

Hi coding gurus, 

I want to clarify, I was specifying multi-timeframes at once within a pair NOT multi-pairs

xevieros:

I want to clarify, I was specifying multi-timeframes at once within a pair NOT multi-pairs

It was perfectly clear before, so the answer is still yes.

Of course, it's possible — TF within a symbol or multiple symbols.

On MT4: Unless the current chart is that specific symbol(s)/TF(s) referenced, you must handle 4066/4073 errors before accessing candle/indicator values.
          Download history in MQL4 EA - Forex Calendar - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #26 № 4

Keith Watford:

It was perfectly clear before, so the answer is still yes.

Thanks Keith! I have this trading ideas and going to post it to freelance section for an EA. But how do I know whether a coder has broad knowledge and skill and instead of the one that is more limited. eg. they say it's not possible but actually it is

xevieros:

Thanks Keith! I have this trading ideas and going to post it to freelance section for an EA. But how do I know whether a coder has broad knowledge and skill and instead of the one that is more limited. eg. they say it's not possible but actually it is

You will see some coders answering questions in the forum and you should be able to judge how knowledgeable they are. Click on their profile and see if they do freelance work. You can place a personal job for them.

I'll try that, thanks again Keith. And thanks William for your reply but I don't code.
Reason: