Coding help - page 517

does anyone have a link to a good tutorial on how to make a working dll for mt4 ? I did one but it's only working on windows 32 bits, not on 64. It's giving error "dll could not load". Thanks.

airquest:
does anyone have a link to a good tutorial on how to make a working dll for mt4 ? I did one but it's only working on windows 32 bits, not on 64. It's giving error "dll could not load". Thanks.

airquest

Are other dlls used by mql loading?

Hi Traders, Please help me.

I am using this indicator Solar Wind Joy Histo for trading on commodities base metals. I am using this for make sure the trend and it can be used for multiple timeframe. But this indicator currently no have alerts and it is repaiting. Repainting is not the big issue because i am trading with H1 timeframe only. But i want the alert facility with dialogue box when it changes the color green to red and vise versa. If you can please improve it for non-repainting. Also suggest me some more good indicators like this.... Thanks

solar_winds_joy_-_histo.mq4

baalaa84:
Hi Traders, Please help me.

I am using this indicator Solar Wind Joy Histo for trading on commodities base metals. I am using this for make sure the trend and it can be used for multiple timeframe. But this indicator currently no have alerts and it is repaiting. Repainting is not the big issue because i am trading with H1 timeframe only. But i want the alert facility with dialogue box when it changes the color green to red and vise versa. If you can please improve it for non-repainting. Also suggest me some more good indicators like this.... Thanks

solar_winds_joy_-_histo.mq4

baalaa84

Since that indicator was originally made by me as a joke (the "whoever" is my middle name ) please read this post for some explanation of what exactly that indicator is : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Thank you so much mladen!

I wonder about i asked the right question to the right person. You made it this indicator..!! wow. I read that forum you mentioned. Actually i cannot understand the full view of what you telling about that.

But anyway I am using this indicator for long time. For the longer time frame it giving me worthy signals and usually i take trade combined with 35 EMA. (I also asked you one more help with other forum topic - alert when price touches ema) This system working well when comparing with other trading setups.

So please help me to modify this indy with alerts. This is your own indicator. So if you can suggest me any other indicator doing the same job instead of solar wind joy for this trading setup.

p.s: Suggest me few profitable trading setups for commodities base metals.

Files:
solar.jpg  194 kb

baalaa84:

Thank you so much mladen!

I wonder about i asked the right question to the right person. You made it this indicator..!! wow. I read that forum you mentioned. Actually i cannot understand the full view of what you telling about that.

But anyway I am using this indicator for long time. For the longer time frame it giving me worthy signals and usually i take trade combined with 35 EMA. (I also asked you one more help with other forum topic - alert when price touches ema) This system working well when comparing with other trading setups.

So please help me to modify this indy with alerts. This is your own indicator. So if you can suggest me any other indicator doing the same job instead of solar wind joy for this trading setup.

p.s: Suggest me few profitable trading setups for commodities base metals.

In short : solar winds joy repaints. Then repaints again. And then repaints once more.

It was made as an example how people are scammed to believe that there are "wonder" indicators by presenting wonder pictures. It was not made to be used in trading. That is all explained at that original post where it was posted

What is the easiest way to find out if something repaints?

apprentice coder:
What is the easiest way to find out if something repaints?

No simple way

The problem is that some mathematical models are recalculating and they should not and must not be named "repainters" (as I told once : those that tell that, for example, Fourier analysis is repainting, should next time they get saved by ECG tell yo their doctor that they do not accept results from repainting analysis)

Repainting is a coding error(s) or deliberate misleading, and that sometimes can not be determined with 100% certainty

mladen:
No simple way

The problem is that some mathematical models are recalculating and they should not and must not be named "repainters" (as I told once : those that tell that, for example, Fourier analysis is repainting, should next time they get saved by ECG tell yo their doctor that they do not accept results from repainting analysis)

Repainting is a coding error(s) or deliberate misleading, and that sometimes can not be determined with 100% certainty

OK, thanks

Oh, now i understood mladen. Thanks again.

i will stop using solar wind joy. Then suggest me some trustworthy trading setups for commodity base metals please..

Reason: