Coding help - page 464

mladen:
You first need to check what symbols containing "CAD" in the name You can use code from this indicator for that : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173060/page118

thank-you very much mladen

What would the proper syntax be to add Symbols nmc.mq4 into my script ?

Thanks again,

Darren

mladen:
You first need to check what symbols containing "CAD" in the name You can use code from this indicator for that : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173060/page118

Sorry mladen...that is way over my head!

Please show me the proper syntax to add just one pair to my script.

Thank-you for your time,

Darren

mladen:
You called it "one timeframe bar." .

If it is the current time frame, then the highest and the lowest are simply the values of the current bar.

Only in case that you are looking for bars belonging to a higher time frame bar, it makes sense to seek that (for example, you are on a 15 minute chart, and you would like to see what is the minimum or maximum of 15 minute indicator values reached so far for the current day)

Hi Mladen,

I ment the high and low values of the indicator line section that corresponds to the most current bar in the chart (the one that is still forming, thus also the line section of which the final close value is yet undetermined). You can see that with all indicators the most right end line section of the indicator moves correspondend with the most recent bar (which is still forming). How do i capture the highest value and lowest value of that indicator line section and store the result on close in a variable?

Also, i have a small other question concerning the iCustom() function. When i use this function to plot the data of an indicator in the indicator list, its values seem to sometimes lag behind on the actual values of the called indicator. I notice this when i place both indicator windows next to each other. If the called indicator jumps from 0,345 to 0,356. It sometimes takes about half a second for the iCustom(called indicator) indicator to also jump to the most recent value of 0,356. Sometimes it skips values alltogheter when the called indicator is rapidly changing in values. So for example when the called indicator gives the values 0,56 0,57 and 0,58 in half a second the iCustom(called indicator) might skip 0,57 and jump directly from 0,56 to 0,58 after a delay. Is this normal? Has this ever happened to you?

Kind regards,

mrcodix:
Hi Mladen,

I ment the high and low values of the indicator line section that corresponds to the most current bar in the chart (the one that is still forming, thus also the line section of which the final close value is yet undetermined). You can see that with all indicators the most right end line section of the indicator moves correspondend with the most recent bar (which is still forming). How do i capture the highest value and lowest value of that indicator line section and store the result on close in a variable?

Also, i have a small other question concerning the iCustom() function. When i use this function to plot the data of an indicator in the indicator list, its values seem to sometimes lag behind on the actual values of the called indicator. I notice this when i place both indicator windows next to each other. If the called indicator jumps from 0,345 to 0,356. It sometimes takes about half a second for the iCustom(called indicator) indicator to also jump to the most recent value of 0,356. Sometimes it skips values alltogheter when the called indicator is rapidly changing in values. So for example when the called indicator gives the values 0,56 0,57 and 0,58 in half a second the iCustom(called indicator) might skip 0,57 and jump directly from 0,56 to 0,58 after a delay. Is this normal? Has this ever happened to you?

Kind regards,

mrcodix

You have to add a code that will store it in some kind of an array (or a buffer)

Somthing like :

if (indicatorMaxValues[0]==EMPTY_VALUE) indicatorMaxValues[0] = indicatorValue[0];

if (indicatorMInValues[0]==EMPTY_VALUE) indicatorMinValues[0] = indicatorValue[0];

if (indicatorValue[0] > indicatorMaxValues[0]) indicatorMaxValues[0]= indicatorValue[0];

if (indicatorValue[0] < indicatorMinValues[0]) indicatorMinValues[0]= indicatorValue[0];

where all are buffers

Thank-you for your time,

Darren

DCC66:

Thank-you for your time,

Darren

Will see what can be done

DCC66:
Will see what can be done

mladen

I realize you are very busy, thank-you for your time,

Darren

string template_ = "DCC";

//

void OnStart()

{

//

long nr;

nr = ChartOpen(Symbol(),1440);

ChartApplyTemplate(nr,template_);

nr = ChartOpen(Symbol(),240);

nr = ChartOpen(Symbol(),60);

nr = ChartOpen(Symbol(),15);

nr = ChartOpen(Symbol(),5);

//

}

Hi.

Im looking for a fractal indicator that will draw horizontal line from the last upper and last lower fractal. MTF would be even better.

Thanks

NWFstudent:
Hi.

Im looking for a fractal indicator that will draw horizontal line from the last upper and last lower fractal. MTF would be even better.

Thanks

Did you check this one : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178939/page2

Or this one : support_and_resistance__mtfalerts_nmc.mq4 (it is the one from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180648/page452 made new metatrader compatible)

mladen:
Did you check this one : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178939/page2 Or this one : support_and_resistance__mtfalerts_nmc.mq4 (it is the one from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180648/page452 made new metatrader compatible)

Thanks Mladen.

But was not exactly what i was searching for.

What I was looking for was an indicator that draw horizontal lines from only the last upper and lower fractal. Also I think that those huge circle dotted lines clutter my chart to much. Id prefer straight regular lines.

Thanks

Reason: