Ask! - page 118

Never mind, I think I have it.

Question Needing Help Coding!

If I want to reference continually back to the bar that the position was originally opened on, how do I do this in MT4? I want to reference the opened position bar low to the current bar low. The problem I see is that as time progresses, the bar back has to change. How do I make the open position bar a special bar to reference back to?

Dave

<<<

I would appreciate someones programming wisdom on this! I give my appreciation to you in advance!

One way you could do it off the top of my head is to write the price to a file. Take a look at the help system and read all the 'File' functions. Especailly filewrite, fileread etc.

Good luck

Lux

newdigital:
It is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174194 (post #7)

Well I tried the EA with the lock code, and I didn't get any errors when compiling it, but when I put the EA on a chart for a different account, it doesn't tell me that it's on the wrong account. Any idea as to what I could be doing wrong? I will keep trying, as I see that the code works in the example that you gave for the "MA_Expertprofit_all."

--delected--

How can I tell where the precise location of where an error is? I see that the Meta Editor is telling me that the error is in (386,49) , but how do I get to (386,49)?

:: 386 = line number in your code (top to bottom)

:: 49 = char in that line (left to right)

:: move your text cursor to that location

Yoda_Glenn:
How can I tell where the precise location of where an error is? I see that the Meta Editor is telling me that the error is in (386,49) , but how do I get to (386,49)?

Yoda_Glenn:

I know if I click on the error, it will take me to that line where the error is.

IN10TION:
:: 386 = line number in your code (top to bottom)

:: 49 = char in that line (left to right)

:: move your text cursor to that location

Where do I go to see my cursor's line number and character number within that line?

basza:
I know if I click on the error, it will take me to that line where the error is.

Thanks! Never thought of that. I still would like to know how I can see my cursor's current line number and character number within that line

Reason: