Coding help - page 452

mladen:
NWFstudent In visual testing you can not test any multi time frame indicator. That is an error of the new mt4. It used to work perfectly before some of the recent "upgrades". So, you should not worry if the issue is with the multi time frame indicator

Thanks.

They are multi timeframe, does that mean they wont work for an automated expert in backtesting to?

It seems like my EA does not follow my logics in backtesting, it enters at wrong times and it exits without all the criteria beeing fullfilled, thats why i asked.

thanks

apprentice coder:
How can I hide the zero level in the indicators that are in separate windows? I was trying to find any option for that and could not find any

Set the colour of the zero line ton none

NWFstudent:
Set the colour of the zero line ton none

I think he is referring to this :

The only way to remove the display of the line (but the "0" is still going to be displayed on the right side of the sub-window) is to turn the grid display off. Otherwise you can not do anything to remove it

Files:
0.gif  94 kb

hanic:
Hi sir,

when we compare equation i.e. previous candle low or high, greater or smaller then previous candle, metatrader doesn't allow to do it?

In belthold pattern this formula is used, in this c >h1.

is it true that, we can't compare high low with open close bodies? i guess in many instances, in many candlestick pattern formula's high low is compared with candle bodies.

regards

Hi mladen sir,

I really have no idea how to do it? and i don't have code so i really don't know.

i guess,comparing bodies to high low is possible.. but i've no idea how to do it?

regards

Hi everyone again.

I just made an EA which takes entries based on similarity between a series of timeframes. The EA seems to be taking great entries but it is getting out to slow wiping all the profit.

The result are to many losing positions even if many of them was original winners. My exits are now based on change of slope direction or traders index zero cross.

What are the most common exit methods for automated trading? This is my first try to automate anything and i didnt relaise how hard it was to get exits right. All we think of is entries before e have to exit.

As a human you can always monitor and manage positions accordingly, but for automated trading the case is different.

NWFstudent:
Hi everyone again.

I just made an EA which takes entries based on similarity between a series of timeframes. The EA seems to be taking great entries but it is getting out to slow wiping all the profit.

The result are to many losing positions even if many of them was original winners. My exits are now based on change of slope direction or traders index zero cross.

What are the most common exit methods for automated trading? This is my first try to automate anything and i didnt relaise how hard it was to get exits right. All we think of is entries before e have to exit.

As a human you can always monitor and manage positions accordingly, but for automated trading the case is different.

The most common exit is exactly the same as entry : if you get a new entry signal in one direction and you have an opened position in the opposite direction, you first close the opened order and then open the new order in the direction of the new signal

mladen:
I think he is referring to this :

The only way to remove the display of the line (but the "0" is still going to be displayed on the right side of the sub-window) is to turn the grid display off. Otherwise you can not do anything to remove it

Yes. that is what I was talking about

Thanks I haven't noticed the correlation of grid display and zero level display

I'm trying to coding a simple EA for reading a CSV file in the MQL41\Files folder.

According to the below image/results it's able to open the file but the strings are empty.

Could anyone help me please ?

This is the csv file ( I can't upload because of an error ):

2007.05.11 10:30;CHF Building permits

2007.05.11 12:00;GBP Bank rate,2%,2.5%

2007.05.11 13:15;EUR Meeting of G10 central bank governors and heads of banking supervision

2007.05.11 15:30;USD The USA unemployment rate

2007.05.11 18:30;JPY Industrial production

test_csv.mq4

Files:

andreatrade:
I'm trying to coding a simple EA for reading a CSV file in the MQL41\Files folder.

According to the below image/results it's able to open the file but the strings are empty.

Could anyone help me please ?

This is the csv file ( I can't upload because of an error ):

2007.05.11 10:30;CHF Building permits

2007.05.11 12:00;GBP Bank rate,2%,2.5%

2007.05.11 13:15;EUR Meeting of G10 central bank governors and heads of banking supervision

2007.05.11 15:30;USD The USA unemployment rate

2007.05.11 18:30;JPY Industrial production

test_csv.mq4

andreatrade

Try it out now : test_csv_1.mq4

Files:

Thanks mladen, but it doesn't work : same result as posted previously ( I'm using the strategy tester to check if it works ).

Reason: