Coding help - page 401

I need an opinion : is it better to use dll or mql

I am aware that dll is faster, but how can we protect dll?

apprentice coder:
I need an opinion : is it better to use dll or mql I am aware that dll is faster, but how can we protect dll?

There is a lot of ways to protect / obfuscate dlls. Better to use dlls if you plan to have a protection

Hi mladen....I'm back with another plea. I really like the attached 3 Ducks indicator, but I need it to function in a very different way. As you know, it currently operates by displaying the 60 sma over three time frames.....What I would really like it to do, is display three moving averages over one time frame. I have tried every which way, but there are always so many errors there is no chance of compiling it, not that it would work anyway....HELP!

Files:

Jeeves:
Hi mladen....I'm back with another plea. I really like the attached 3 Ducks indicator, but I need it to function in a very different way. As you know, it currently operates by displaying the 60 sma over three time frames.....What I would really like it to do, is display three moving averages over one time frame. I have tried every which way, but there are always so many errors there is no chance of compiling it, not that it would work anyway....HELP!

All you need to do is to replace : PERIOD_H4, PERIOD_D1 and PERIOD_W1 with 0, and replace 25 with the desired moving averages periods in the attached code part. No need to touch anything of the rest of the code

double h4ma = iMA(NULL,PERIOD_H4,25,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

//d1 data

double d1ma = iMA(NULL,PERIOD_D1,25,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

//w1 data

double w1ma = iMA(NULL,PERIOD_W1,25,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

Hi,

can I meanwhile insert a transparent picture on the Chart?

If not, is it possible to create my own font with that transparent Picture?

How many pixles do I have to create a font letter?

Lot's of thanks, sunshineh

Hello cosmiclifeform,

Thank you for your reply. I tried to find the mq4 file of it and couldn't find it.

I got the indicator from this page.

Divergence Forex Scalping System - Forex Strategies - Forex Resources - Forex Trading-free forex trading signals and FX Forecast

is there someone who can get the code from it somehow? or someone who knows how it works? I know how divergence works but what indicators does it use?

Or... is there an EA, indicator or script that supports alert of an indicator.. like, when an indicator shows a signal on chart, it makes a sound?

makototokyo:
Hello cosmiclifeform,

Thank you for your reply. I tried to find the mq4 file of it and couldn't find it.

I got the indicator from this page.

Divergence Forex Scalping System - Forex Strategies - Forex Resources - Forex Trading-free forex trading signals and FX Forecast

is there someone who can get the code from it somehow? or someone who knows how it works? I know how divergence works but what indicators does it use?

Or... is there an EA, indicator or script that supports alert of an indicator.. like, when an indicator shows a signal on chart, it makes a sound?

Hi makototokyo,

I looked at the FXCX Divergence indicator...and could not tell what it's based on...nor could I find the .mq4 source file...

Looks like it has 3 settings similar to MACD or Stoch...but it only displays arrows on the main chart...not divergence lines in a sub-window...so I could not tell what formulas it was using.

In any case, you should be able to find a number of divergence indicators here on Forex-TSD...and many should already have alerts.

If you find one you like without alerts (with the source code) someone here may help add the alerts for you.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Hi all,

Am hoping some one can make a very quick modification to the attached ATR indicator for me.

The indicator itself works fine but I would like it to look the same as the image below i.e. to be a continuous line and have the same line style.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

atr_trail_stop.mq4

Files:

EMA Trader:
Hi all,

Am hoping some one can make a very quick modification to the attached ATR indicator for me.

The indicator itself works fine but I would like it to look the same as the image below i.e. to be a continuous line and have the same line style.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

atr_trail_stop.mq4

That indicator is using future values of ATR in calculation

In this part :

CurrUp=PriceCurr - (iATR(NULL,0,ATRPeriod,i) * Factor);

PrevUp=PricePrev - (iATR(NULL,0,ATRPeriod,i-1) * Factor);

CurrDn=PriceCurr + (iATR(NULL,0,ATRPeriod,i) * Factor);

PrevDn=PricePrev + (iATR(NULL,0,ATRPeriod,i-1) * Factor);[/PHP]

both "prev" values are using future values of atr and future prices (see the prices part too :

[PHP] if (MedianBase) {

PriceCurr = (High + Low)/2;

PricePrev = (High + Low)/2;

}

else {

PriceCurr = Close;

PricePrev = Close;

}

same case

Hi mladen,

Thanks for your reply. This is an indicator that I picked up elsewhere. I have zero programming knowledge but if I'm not mistaken what you are saying is that it is incorrect or not possible to use future values as they are not known.

So what would be the fix for this? Would simply changing i-1 to +1 be correct?

Reason: