Coding help - page 250

mladen:
sulaimoney Try it this way (attached the changed code)

Thanks Mladen , its now compiling .

mladen:
Tsar That is simply a macd with one more signal line added (the histogram is a regular osma - osma from a macd using ema for signal line not as the metatrader built in macd that uses sma as we all know)

Thanks for your explaint. I appreciated...

"Trend signal 2" is an interesting indicator

But... I write in EA:

double Arrow_Green = iCustom(0, 0, "Trend signal 2", 6, 1, 1, 1);

And a condition "if Arrow_Green > 0" doesn`t work...

I dont understand how to work with the "Trend Signal 2" indicator's buffers ...

Files:

Igorrisimo:
"Trend signal 2" is an interesting indicator

But... I write in EA:

double Arrow_Green = iCustom(0, 0, "Trend signal 2", 6, 1, 1, 1);

And a condition "if Arrow_Green > 0" doesn`t work...

I dont understand how to work with the "Trend Signal 2" indicator's buffers ...

Igorrisimo

Use : if Arrow_Green != EMPTY_VALUE

Hi,

Please, where can I find an Alert EA model ?

Thanks for help.

Jo

Jovager:
Hi,

Please, where can I find an Alert EA model ?

Thanks for help.

Jo

Jovager

The code for alerting from an ea is, more or less, exactly the same as alerting from an indicator. The main issue is to find out the conditions when to alert and the it is all the same

Does any one have experience with the CopyRates function failure?

I have following code:

MqlRates newM1Candle[2];

// copy two of the most recent candles

if (CopyRates(symbol, PERIOD_M1, TimeCurrent(), 2, newM1Candle) < 2) {

It works fine on all my computers and brokers. But I have a few customers, that get this expression every time evaluated to true, even if they have the script attached to M1.

My only guess is the UAC (mostly because I have no experience with it), nevertheless I am clueless.

Ovo:
Does any one have experience with the CopyRates function failure?

I have following code:

MqlRates newM1Candle[2];

// copy two of the most recent candles

if (CopyRates(symbol, PERIOD_M1, TimeCurrent(), 2, newM1Candle) < 2) {

It works fine on all my computers and brokers. But I have a few customers, that get this expression every time evaluated to true, even if they have the script attached to M1.

My only guess is the UAC (mostly because I have no experience with it), nevertheless I am clueless.

Just a thought :

Did you try replacing TimeCurrent() with iTime(NULL,PERIOD_M1,0)? Just in case if the problem is with broker last tick received time update

mladen:
Just a thought : Did you try replacing TimeCurrent() with iTime(NULL,PERIOD_M1,0)? Just in case if the problem is with broker last tick received time update

Well, no. But I tried to replicate the problem with the customer's broker, and it worked well for me.

Once I was helping a customer that had some UAC issue on W8 and the terminal was acting crazy after attempt to set the portable mode - it was running fine, but unable to save anything to history, or ini files. So my guess was perhaps the history was not saved and perhaps the CopyRates depends on it, but I am not sure really.

Ovo:
Well, no. But I tried to replicate the problem with the customer's broker, and it worked well for me. Once I was helping a customer that had some UAC issue on W8 and the terminal was acting crazy after attempt to set the portable mode - it was running fine, but unable to save anything to history, or ini files. So my guess was perhaps the history was not saved and perhaps the CopyRates depends on it, but I am not sure really.

I am not using windows 8 so I can not help you regarding that

Did you attach yourself to his PC to check (I am usually using teamviewer for those cases - sometimes only when you go to their PC you can find out exactly what is causing the problem)?

Reason: