Nonlagging Tools - page 33

Pava:
Lets call it LOTUS pattern (in sub-window)...The beginning of the first petal and the end of the second petal will mark the reversal of the trend (vertical magenta line).....non-repainting mind you

can you tell me with details how can you draw the bollinger on the ( secret reversal ind.) ??

mladen:
Linear regression value systems are out there for quite some time, are well documented and tested and usually are performing good. With a filter that that indicator introduces it becomes a "two-in-one" indicator and what is usually done by adding some another indicator for filtering out some false signals is already there, That is why I told that it is a good idea : to try that variation of the indicator in an automated system too

Hi mladen,

Idea: Use an indicator that gives a range of say 1-10 relative to what is main frequency component and use that to directly change the Length value. What you think? The drawback of fixed Length could be somewhat overcome. Interested sir? (Or am I suppose to be in elite subscription for requests to come true? Let me know, could be genuinely interested). Or it could be any gradient value representing where main frequency component is. An offset and multiplier values would be good for it.

Thx.

Idea is good, but what would be the indicator that would range?

Mark Jurik for example makes a kind of stochastic of some indicators and then that stochastic value is used to make an adaptive length calculation. The problem with his approach is not the idea itself (which is good, as much of his ideas) but the fact that he uses what can be called an "infinite length stochastic" which is just a fancy way of telling that something will repaint. Anyway, let me know which "basic" indicator you had in mind - maybe something can be cooked from that

Batchboy:
Hi mladen,

Idea: Use an indicator that gives a range of say 1-10 relative to what is main frequency component and use that to directly change the Length value. What you think? The drawback of fixed Length could be somewhat overcome. Interested sir? (Or am I suppose to be in elite subscription for requests to come true? Let me know, could be genuinely interested). Or it could be any gradient value representing where main frequency component is. An offset and multiplier values would be good for it.

Thx.

mladen:
Idea is good, but what would be the indicator that would range? Mark Jurik for example makes a kind of stochastic of some indicators and then that stochastic value is used to make an adaptive length calculation. The problem with his approach is not the idea itself (which is good, as much of his ideas) but the fact that he uses what can be called an "infinite length stochastic" which is just a fancy way of telling that something will repaint. Anyway, let me know which "basic" indicator you had in mind - maybe something can be cooked from that

Glad you like idea. At the moment I don't know as I am only rare to occasional indy peruser.

Was thinking something like an indy that outputs a value say 1 to 10 of what the main volumed

frequency component is and that would be used to change Length in this indy. Is there such an indy or

Is this a mental mockup by itself needing creation?

Dawns_Mist:
can you tell me with details how can you draw the bollinger on the ( secret reversal ind.) ??

just drag Bollinger from 1st indicator folder into window with secret:) reversal and choose "first indicator"...and you will get nice flower arrangement:)

Adapting ...

Let's play a bit

Now, this was just one example how it can be done. There are different approaches and all of them have their pros and cons. This one is just an example of a simple way of doing that.

Batchboy:
Glad you like idea. At the moment I don't know as I am only rare to occasional indy peruser.

Was thinking something like an indy that outputs a value say 1 to 10 of what the main volumed

frequency component is and that would be used to change Length in this indy. Is there such an indy or

Is this a mental mockup by itself needing creation?

mladen:
Let's play a bit

Now, this was just one example how it can be done. There are different approaches and all of them have their pros and cons. This one is just an example of a simple way of doing that.

Thx mladen, perhaps someone will be interested....I'm more desirous of an adaptive Lsma trend - channeled re: Length.

On this free download page there is a Cycle Period indy: Custom Indicators | MQLsoft - [mql, programming, programmer, service, coding, mql4, ea, forex, trading, automated, metatrader, indicator, expert advisor, ea, strategy, ea programming, robot, custom indicators, algorithmic, professional, free, downloa

Seems when value is higher the frequency is higher, and when lower the frequency is lower, no? Initial assumption could be wrong, have a gander. So the Length from this indy would be therefore an inverse of the frequency? Been awhile since my electronic engineer days in college and engineering when younger, thus my question marks :-)

Be real nifty to see this kind of adaptive indie. Could be wrong but the occasional times of this channeled trend not tracking may percentage-wise be greatly reduced.

Settings I'm using with Lsma trend - channeled is 1000 & 35 on 1min eurusd. That of course the outlier re: Length which your adaptive version would dynamically change per cycle-period indie.

Ma cross signal?

I have a ma cross signal indicator but it will not adapt to special settings. It is attached.

I've also attached a pdf of the settings available in MT4.

Does anyone know of a ma cross signal that includes these settings?

I have searched everywhere without success.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Thank you a lot Pava

TEAMTRADER:
I have a ma cross signal indicator but it will not adapt to special settings. It is attached.

I've also attached a pdf of the settings available in MT4.

Does anyone know of a ma cross signal that includes these settings?

I have searched everywhere without success.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Hi Teamtrader,

Think this one may have what your looking for.

Reason: