Coding help - page 126

Hi all,

On FXCodeBase.com I came across a great idea and the first draft of an indicator that accurately predicts the direction of the next candle 90% of the time. Here is how it works:

Speed of trade = (Price Change / Volume) per unit time.

= (Open-Close)/tick volume in the default period.

If SoT of current candle is greater than twice the average SoT of the selected period, next candle will be in the same direction of the current candle. (Our signals can be given at the close of the current candle).

Unfortunately the first draft of the indicator was coded in LUA, which after doing a google search, I understand is a programming language that is used by the FXCM platform and TSII/Marketscope. I couldn't figure out how to convert it to mql4 for MT4.

There are many more details describing how it works at FXCodeBase.COM: Forex Chart Indicators and Development • View topic - Trade Speedometer along with a spreadsheet but I don't fully understand how the authors' explanations relates to the spreadsheet. I attached the SoT.lua file along with the spreadsheet in a SoT.zip file since the .LUA extension was not listed as a valid extension for a file attachment. I hope someone here can figure it all out since if it is really 90% accurate then that knowledge will be priceless for all of us here.

The author gives other ideas for the indicator but no one stepped forward to help him code in those ideas. Again if the expert coders here can include those ideas the result maybe even more accurate.

Looking forward to any help with this. Thanks.

Files:
sot.zip  49 kb

mladen:
That is a decompiled code Since build 500 metatrader will not compile code like that properly and also that indicator requires one more indicator in order to work

Yea but before 500 it works normal. However I loaded it and it makes lots of calculations without any output so it's like mladen says - it's missing custom indicators used to calculations. Please attach them and I will see what I can do.

hi

can anyone please code weekly and monthly pivot in this indicator

thx

Files:

Coding Help

Dear Coders

Is it possible to code an indicator for separate window as per description below ?

The description is actually for chart window, but i am looking for separate window indicator !

1.) If the current bar closes higher than the highest high of the previous 7 bars, BUY at the market, paint a blue bar on the chart and stay long until a sell signal is generated.

2.) If the current bar closes lower than the lowest low of the previous 7 bars, SELL at the market, paint a red bar on the chart and stay short until a buy signal is generated.

3.) If long and the current bar closes below the lowest low of the previous 3 bars OR if short and the curren bar closes above the highest high of the previous 3 bars then paint a green (neutral bar)

Posted a picture using another indicator for illustration with all 3 conditions mentioned as per description !!

PS: The description posted by Mladen here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page246

Thanks

secretcode

Files:

secretcode:
Dear Coders

Is it possible to code an indicator for separate window as per description below ?

The description is actually for chart window, but i am looking for separate window indicator !

Posted a picture using another indicator for illustration with all 3 conditions mentioned as per description !!

PS: The description posted by Mladen here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page246

Thanks

secretcode

secretcode

This is the ptl indicator converted to show values in a separate window (since those are the conditions for the ptl indicator)

PS: the example bellow is a 1 hour ptl on a 15 minute chart

Files:

mladen:
secretcode

This is the ptl indicator converted to show values in a separate window (since those are the conditions for the ptl indicator)

PS: the example bellow is a 1 hour ptl on a 15 minute chart

Thanks Mladen for this separate window version but is it possible to make as 'picture' in above request (Post#1254) ?:

secretcode:
Thanks Mladen for this separate window version but is it possible to make as 'picture' in above request (Post#1254) ?:

secretcode,

Sorry, but what are those lines? It is not what the description you quoted is

mladen:
secretcode, Sorry, but what are those lines? It is not what the description you quoted is

Sorry Mladen for confusion

The 'PTL' indicator should be look like as in picture in post#1254 (Oscillator)

Those 3 vertical lines in indicator is 3 conditions which mentioned in description in that post too!

secretcode:
Sorry Mladen for confusion

The 'PTL' indicator should be look like as in picture in post#1254 (Oscillator)

Those 3 vertical lines in indicator is 3 conditions which mentioned in description in that post too!

secretcode

They are not. It is one of the renamed indicators that "essam" posts like that (renamed and accompanied with a misleading story) from time to time and my guess is that those lines are smoothed ultra trend with additional moving averages

mladen:
secretcode They are not. It is one of the renamed indicators that "essam" posts like that (renamed and accompanied with a misleading story) from time to time and my guess is that those lines are smoothed ultra trend with additional moving averages

Got it! Thanks a lot Mladen for all your time and information

Best Regards

secretcode

Reason: