Coding help - page 496

EVASPARKLING:
@Programmers and Coders in the forum please can you add a breakeven option to the expert advisor attached below

Did you try using LockProfitAfter for that (set it to 1 point - not 0 but as close to 0 as it gets)?

Hello my friends,

I am new to MQL4 programing. I build an EA that trade a simple Bollinger Band System but when I test the EA with MT4 System tester it freeze. I tried to find the problem and I think that it is in the way I use Bollinger Bands as Stop-Loss & Take Profit.

I appreciate if any friend can solve this problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The system is like this:

1- If close is between upper & center Bollinger Bands (BB) then buy long on the open of the next candle.

2- If close is in between the center & the lower BB then sell short at the open of the next candle.

3- For long positions use upper BB of the previous candle as target & for short positions use lower BB.

4- For long positions use lower BB of previous candle as stop loss & for short positions use upper BB.

I attach it here.

bband_target.mq4

Files:

kappari:
Hello my friends,

I am new to MQL4 programing. I build an EA that trade a simple Bollinger Band System but when I test the EA with MT4 System tester it freeze. I tried to find the problem and I think that it is in the way I use Bollinger Bands as Stop-Loss & Take Profit.

I appreciate if any friend can solve this problem.

The system is like this:

1- If close is between upper & center Bollinger Bands (BB) then buy long on the open of the next candle.

2- If close is in between the center & the lower BB then sell short at the open of the next candle.

3- For long positions use upper BB of the previous candle as target & for short positions use lower BB.

4- For long positions use lower BB of previous candle as stop loss & for short positions use upper BB.

I attach it here.

bband_target.mq4

Add error checking routine after each OrderSend() and in the case of error exit the loop (the "while(ticket<0)" part)

I've been coding an indicator and I need help getting this part of my coding right

Here is the message I'm getting : check operator precedence for possible error; use parentheses to clarify precedence

Her is my line of code: if (gi_180 || (!gi_180 && li_108 != gi_164 || li_112 != gi_168 || li_116 != gi_172 || li_120 != gi_176)) li_124

Can someone point me in the right direction or correct the code for me

ace8926:
I've been coding an indicator and I need help getting this part of my coding right

Here is the message I'm getting : check operator precedence for possible error; use parentheses to clarify precedence

Her is my line of code: if (gi_180 || (!gi_180 && li_108 != gi_164 || li_112 != gi_168 || li_116 != gi_172 || li_120 != gi_176)) li_124

Can someone point me in the right direction or correct the code for me

it is simple : you have to tell which one should be checked before the other

but also, that is a decompiled code : you should get the original code and then all will be much easier to understand as afar as the operator precedence is concerned

Hello mladen , i have manually adding "Prefix" and "Suffix" to this indicator .

When i compile is no error , but when i attach to the chart i get this error message

"zero divide in '!MT4 CURRENCY POWER.mq4' (216,17)" .

But for normal chart (without prefix) is working .

Can you help me to check it ?

Thanks in advance .

Steven .

Files:

stevenpun:
Hello mladen , i have manually adding "Prefix" and "Suffix" to this indicator .

When i compile is no error , but when i attach to the chart i get this error message

"zero divide in '!MT4 CURRENCY POWER.mq4' (216,17)" .

But for normal chart (without prefix) is working .

Can you help me to check it ?

Thanks in advance .

Steven .

Steven

Try it out now : mt4_currency_power_1.mq4

Files:

mladen:
Steven Try it out now : mt4_currency_power_1.mq4

Thanks , it work now

Hello Malden Need To delete The data window

hello malden

hope every thing will be fine

please im asking you if u can delete the data window for this indicator and just keep the arrows ...?

cuz it has a big size and i just need the arrows ..

Thanks Alot

massive-fx-profit-indicator_by_dworldforum.ex4

khaled ibrahim:
hello malden

hope every thing will be fine

please im asking you if u can delete the data window for this indicator and just keep the arrows ...?

cuz it has a big size and i just need the arrows ..

Thanks Alot

massive-fx-profit-indicator_by_dworldforum.ex4

khaled ibrahim

ex4 files can not be changed

Reason: