Coding help - page 499

candyman752:
Just another thing .Ithinkthe PSAR repaints too much.Is it possible to remove that areofthe code.so that it only reads signals based on stochastic and HGI

candyman752

Parabolic SAR does not repaint

As I told you : that EA uses centered TMA. Centered TMA recalculates/repaints

nevar:
Mladen, What is the definition of '' end point'' in coding?

Best to go to the source

Denis Meyers' definition of "end pointing" : The End Point Fast Fourier Transform Systemand some papers with more explanation here : Dennis Meyers Publications , Algorithmic trading of stocks,futures and forex with Walk-Forward out-of-sample analysis

Dearest MLADEN,

can i remind you the post 4973 at previous page,

mladen:
Best to go to the source Denis Meyers' definition of "end pointing" : The End Point Fast Fourier Transform Systemand some papers with more explanation here : Dennis Meyers Publications , Algorithmic trading of stocks,futures and forex with Walk-Forward out-of-sample analysis

is there a way to filter that out in the inout parameters

Blueboyblue:
Is anyone interested in helping me fix this indicator? I have done some work to it, and i am very pleased with the changes that i have made to it.

It is a Profit & Loss indi. Each new trade is placed right under the the last one, which is awesome. Even though each new trade gets placed at the bottom right above the account total, it scrolls up in order to not get covered up by your indicators at the bottom of the screen. These adjustments i have made are great.

But the only problem is that when i close the platform, or for some reason i loose internet connection and the platform re-sets, the list of trades goes into alphabetical order, instead of it staying with the newer trades at the bottom. So then it is hard to see which trades were placed last ...which makes it harder to keep track of them without opening the terminal. Is there a way to keep the trades in order from oldest to newest. The indicator will do it, until it gets re-set will it go to alphabetical order. How can i fix this.

I have posted a pic of the P&L indicator. I think it is one of mladens old indicators, which i have added a few features. Any help would be appreciated.

I think this would be an easy adjustment, is there someone willing to give it a shot?

Blueboyblue:
I think this would be an easy adjustment, is there someone willing to give it a shot?

Blueboyblue, can't find the indicator to try and adjust could you repost it?

mrtools:
Blueboyblue, can't find the indicator to try and adjust could you repost it?

Hadn't posted it. Yet. Was trying to find a taker first . But here it is. I appreciate who ever gives it the proper adjustments. Everything is fine on the Indi. , just the fact that it won't keep the trades in order from newest on bottom to the oldest on top when the platform is reset. It will if not reset.

-profit-loss_bb_w_size_2.mq4

Blueboyblue:
Hadn't posted it. Yet. Was trying to find a taker first . But here it is. I appreciate who ever gives it the proper adjustments. Everything is fine on the Indi. , just the fact that it won't keep the trades in order from newest on bottom to the oldest on top when the platform is reset. It will if not reset. -profit-loss_bb_w_size_2.mq4

That indicator does what all metatrader EAs and indicator does : loops in the list of orders that metatrader keeps from an order that is last in the list to the order that is first in a list. That list is kept in that order by metatrader, and according to metatrader, it does not have to be in any particular order (it does not have to be ordered by date nor does it have to be ordered by tickets)

More or less that is an issue that metatrader has and it was always like that - there was never a built in way to access orders ordered by exact time of creation/opening of those orders

mladen:
That indicator does what all metatrader EAs and indicator does : loops in the list of orders that metatrader keeps from an order that is last in the list to the order that is first in a list. That list is kept in that order by metatrader, and according to metatrader, it does not have to be in any particular order (it does not have to be ordered by date nor does it have to be ordered by tickets) More or less that is an issue that metatrader has and it was always like that - there was never a built in way to access orders ordered by exact time of creation/opening of those orders

Take a look at this script that closes the orders from the first trade placed to the newest....if it can be done in script, i would assume it can be done in an indicator.

#property strict

#property show_inputs

void OnStart()

{

for (int i=0; i < OrdersTotal(); i++)

{

bool result =false;

double price =0;

if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES))

if (OrderSymbol()!=Symbol()||OrderType()>1)

continue;

if (OrderType() == OP_BUY){

price =Bid;

}

else

price =Ask;

result=OrderClose( OrderTicket(), OrderLots(),price,5, Red );

if(result)

i--;

}

Blueboyblue:
Take a look at this script that closes the orders from the first trade placed to the newest....if it can be done in script, i would assume it can be done in an indicator.

#property strict

#property show_inputs

void OnStart()

{

{

bool result =false;

double price =0;

if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES))

if (OrderSymbol()!=Symbol()||OrderType()>1)

continue;

if (OrderType() == OP_BUY){

price =Bid;

}

else

price =Ask;

result=OrderClose( OrderTicket(), OrderLots(),price,5, Red );

if(result)

i--;

}

Blueboyblue

That code snippet has one error

Change this line

to this

for (int i=OrdersTotal()-1; i>=0; i--)

and it will work OK

But it will not work in an indicator - order related functions (like OrderClose()) can not be executed from indicators, only from scripts or EAs

Reason: