Coding help - page 186

mladen:

so according to your or wiki definition, is that link #1849 ok to use? thanks

Dear Mladen,I want that you looked at this indicator. It worked. But Later the terminal dont work with this indicator or the indicator doesn't display the values. It is a problem at different brokers. I delete the indicator. And The terminal works again.

I don't understand in what the reason.

Thank you.

Regards,Kristina.

Files:

Air92:
Dear Mladen,I want that you looked at this indicator. It worked. But Later the terminal dont work with this indicator or the indicator doesn't display the values. It is a problem at different brokers. I delete the indicator. And The terminal works again.

I don't understand in what the reason.

Thank you.

Regards,Kristina.

Kristina

That indicator needs the following indicator in order to work OK
NASAP_13 OsMA i MACD

NASAP_13 FIM

NASAP_13 Stochastic

NASAP_13 CCI

If any of the indicators listed above is missing it will not work OK and it might slow your terminal down very much (it is trying to get values from a non-existing indicator and that is draining the power from your CPU)

mladen:
Kristina That indicator needs the following indicator in order to work OK
NASAP_13 OsMA i MACD

NASAP_13 FIM

NASAP_13 Stochastic

NASAP_13 CCI
If any of the indicators listed above is missing it will not work OK and it might slow your terminal down very much (it is trying to get values from a non-existing indicator and that is draining the power from your CPU)

Mladen,you are the real genius!Yes,you are right,it works again.

Thank you so much.

hi mladen,

sorry me again,

i face a problem that i try #1840 & #1845 attached dpo indicators using iCustom call, and don't know why my mt4 platform almost halting, but not when i use icustom call for other simple indicators, I try many times still like that, don't know why ? Please advice me how to solve or fix the issues. thanks again.

kenwa:
hi mladen,

sorry me again,

i face a problem that i try #1840 & #1845 attached dpo indicators using iCustom call, and don't know why my mt4 platform almost halting, but not when i use icustom call for other simple indicators, I try many times still like that, don't know why ? Please advice me how to solve or fix the issues. thanks again.

With iCustom() call if it behaves like you describe, it is 99.99% sure that you did not pass the parameters correctly or the name of the indicator is wrong. Check your parameters and check the name of the indicator in the iCustom() call

hi mladen, with regard to #1840 attachment

i check many times, i done like this

iCustom (NULL, 0, "testpleasefix", RsiPeriod, DPOPeriod, MaType, PriceType, MaShift, modeofline, i); according to iCustom - MQL4 Documentation

seems no much problems, and it pass the compile test of the meta4 editor also, but when running, it halting. please advice. Thanks again.

kenwa:
hi mladen, with regard to #1840 attachment

i check many times, i done like this

iCustom (NULL, 0, "testpleasefix", RsiPeriod, DPOPeriod, MaType, PriceType, MaShift, modeofline, i);according to iCustom - MQL4 Documentation

seems no much problems, and it pass the compile test of the meta4 editor also, but when running, it halting. please advice. Thanks again.

Parameters of that indicator are the following :

extern int RsiPeriod=14; //I add here

extern string ____0____ = "Period of average";

extern int DPOPeriod = 14;

extern string ____1____ = "Type of average: SMA - 0, EMA - 1, SMMA - 2, LWMA - 3";

extern int MaType = 0;

extern string ____2____ = "Type of price: close - 0, open - 1, high - 2, low - 3";

extern int PriceType = 0;

extern string ____3____ = "Moving Average Shift";

extern int MaShift = 0;

[/PHP]

iCustom() call should be the following (you can not omit string parameters just because they are not of any relevance, metatrader recognizes parameters by position, not by name or type)

[PHP]iCustom (NULL, 0, "testpleasefix", RsiPeriod,"", DPOPeriod,"", MaType,"", PriceType,"", MaShift, modeofline, i);

mladen:

so if there are 2 or 3 extern string there, i also need to put "" 2 or 3 times according to their position? is it for every extern string exist, i need put "" there in the iCustom sentence? if i miss anyone, the indicator will halt?

how about extern bool or extern color? do i need to mention in the icustom sentence?

i wonder i play the timeframe , i put timeframe extern int not in second position, but in fifth or sixth sequence in the int sequence (not the iCustom sentence for which i put it in second position as stated in iCustom - MQL4 Documentation), it seems it does not regard my sequence of timeframe in the int list, but it still show something, (though not pure mtf ), why? is it due to timeframe belongs not to the underlying icustom indicator? please advice. thanks a lot.

mladen:
Here is one indicator that does that

If you leave the magic number to be 0, it will alert for all magic number

If you leave the symbol to be "", it will alert for all symbols

Also, set the number of seconds that it will consider the order as new (default is 5 minutes - it will not repeat alerts for tha same order, but it needs this in order to disregard old orders from possible alerting). It recognizes all types of orders

The alert is working great mladen.

Thank you very much.

1 - I tried changing the PlaySound to ("hallelujah.wav"); but it doesn't play the new wav file when triggered, still just the regular alert. How can I effect this?

2 - Is there way I can have the alert play repeatedly, say for 5 times in a row, so it will be sure to wake me if I'm napping?

Reason: