Coding help - page 189

kenwa:
hello mladen:

a bit profound for me

e.g.double iStoch(double priceR, double priceH, double priceL, int period, int slowing, int i, int instanceNo=0) is it doubles within double? is this method can reduce indexbuffer occupied within the mq4?

this bit strange to me of its function:

stoch = iStoch(rsi,rsi,rsi,StoPeriod,StoSlowing,i);

thanks for some clarify.

"double" is a declaration. It means that iStoch() will return a result of type double and that it uses arguments that are type double (where specified so)

hi mladen,

the page you introduce about stochastic oscillator i can apply with some simple indicators(like those standard mt4 indicator), but for other icustom indicator, seems the istoch cannot work with them at least i do not know how to apply or incorporate. any advice on this? thanks a lot.

kenwa:
hi mladen, the page you introduce about stochastic oscillator i can apply with some simple indicators(like those standard mt4 indicator), but for other icustom indicator, seems the istoch cannot work with them at least i do not know how to apply or incorporate. any advice on this? thanks a lot.

You have to supply the iStoch function with a regular value/price, high value/price, low value/price, period and slowing and it can calculate a stochastic of any value/indicator you feed it to (so it can calculate a stochastic of any indicator or any prices combination it gets as arguments and in that way it is much more flexible than the built in stochastic).

It only depends how are you going to determine regular, high and low values and prices but that decision you must make

PS: I recommend that you read this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173005 in order to understand better how functions can be used

Hi Mladen, please could you help me modify this indicator to show the amount of volume for each zigzag leg. I am sorry to bother you but I don't know who else to ask.

gannzigzag.mq4

Files:
gannzigzag.mq4  14 kb

Here is an image of what I am talking about. It is patterned after the Ord volume teachings. If you can do it I will be extremely glad and indebted to you. Hope to hear from you and thanks in advance.

Files:
dell6.png  5 kb

Torchwavy:
Hi Mladen, please could you help me modify this indicator to show the amount of volume for each zigzag leg. I am sorry to bother you but I don't know who else to ask. gannzigzag.mq4

This is a version that draws what is the vertical distance in pips between two leg ends

Files:

Hi Mladen, thanks for responding. I have downloaded this version and I think it is kinda cool. I really wish it displays volume just like it displays pips. If it isn't possible, no sweat. You are a very great guy. Fact. Once again, thanks for the response and this gann zigzag version.

Torchwavy:
Hi Mladen, thanks for responding. I have downloaded this version and I think it is kinda cool. I really wish it displays volume just like it displays pips. If it isn't possible, no sweat. You are a very great guy. Fact. Once again, thanks for the response and this gann zigzag version.

I am afraid I do not understand : how could a volume (which is pure ticks in metatrader) be fitted in on a zig zag leg and what additional usable info would it show us?

kenwa:
seems those built in indicators are better than those in custom indicator session in function, really no way to know the code of them?

They are not better. They are only faster since they are executed from a pure native code (not a P-code that is used for ex4 files). Results are exactly the same

mladen:
I am afraid I do not understand : how could a volume (which is pure ticks in metatrader) be fitted in on a zig zag leg and what additional usable info would it show us?

Yes it displays very useful information. The aggregate of volume for each leg compared to the previous leg will let one know if price will reverse on a support/resistance line or if it will break through it. The percentage increase or decrease in aggregate volume for each leg will determine the reaction of price on support/resistance lines. This is why I am looking for an indicator with this property. First taught by Wyckoff but expanded in details by Tim Ord. The strategy really works. I have Tim Ord's book and can send it to you on request. The file is too large to upload here. Moreover, I know a guy (coder) in forexfactory who uses it exclusively for trading. However, he refused to share his gann zigzag modified indicator on good grounds that he may be violating the exclusive right of title of Tim Ord to the indicator. That was a very long time ago. Someone in the thread told him he had made a call to Tim Ord and requested permission to tailor an indicator according to the principles he taught in his book to which he gladly granted with proof. Well, nobody heard from the coder after that. Nobody has been able to replicate the same indicator with success. That is why I asked for your help.

Reason: