Metatrader5 on Linux - cannot restart

Hello,

I recently installed metatrader 5 on my linux ubuntu machine.  I was working with it for a week. Then I needed to restart my computer at some point.

When it rebooted the metatrader5 software was not running.

no big deal , I will just click on the icon.  But I cannot find it.

I typed  terminal.exe in a terminal window  but got "command not found."

I also tried  wine terminal.exe  but I get an error  0009:err:module:__wine_process_int L"C:\\windows\\system32\\terminal.exe not found

Did the software get deleted?  What happened the software?   All I did was close it.

How do I start metaTrader 5 terminal on a linux machine?

Thanks for your help,

Chris

Chris Pinter:

Hello,

I recently installed metatrader 5 on my linux ubuntu machine.  I was working with it for a week. Then I needed to restart my computer at some point.

When it rebooted the metatrader5 software was not running.

no big deal , I will just click on the icon.  But I cannot find it.

I typed  terminal.exe in a terminal window  but got "command not found."

I also tried  wine terminal.exe  but I get an error  0009:err:module:__wine_process_int L"C:\\windows\\system32\\terminal.exe not found

Did the software get deleted?  What happened the software?   All I did was close it.

How do I start metaTrader 5 terminal on a linux machine?

Thanks for your help,

Chris

I do not have computer with Linux and I do not have Mac, but I know that MT5 does not support 32-bit systems.

I collected some information on the following posts so you can select the reason for the issue for example:
post and post

Mac desktop version crashes. Unable to open.
Mac desktop version crashes. Unable to open.
  • www.mql5.com
Mac desktop versioan crashes. Unable to open...

Sergey Golubev #:

I do not have computer with Linux and I do not knwo Mac, bit I know that MT5 does not support 32-bit systems.

I collected some information on the following posts so you can select the reason for the issue for example:
post and post

I can see the lead you followed.  The only issue is that the software is already installed.....I cannot find it or run it.

Chris Pinter #:
I can see the lead you followed.  The only issue is that the software is already installed.....I cannot find it or run it.

Yes, it is what I know (I can not help much because I am using Windows PC).
Example:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Error when installing Metatrader 4 or 5 in Mac HELP PLEASE!

Marco vd Heijden, 2018.03.24 08:39

Your wine is still in windows XP mode.

You need to go into settings and set it to windows 7 or higher.

New MetaTrader 5 Platform Build 1755

MetaQuotes, 2018.01.18 11:08

We recommend anyone who has long been using 32-bit Wine for MetaTrader 5 due to the past incompatibility with the 64-bit terminal to upgrade Wine to the latest 64-bit version and re-install MetaTrader 5 in 64 bits.

Besides, make sure to set the Wine compatibility mode to at least Windows 7 instead of the default Windows XP. No more updates for Windows XP/2003/Vista will be released.

We are also halting the development of the 32-bit versions of the MetaTrader 5 terminals. The updates for 32-bit MetaTrader 5 are to be completely stopped soon.

And it is the latest one:

MacBook MT5 gives an error when logging in

MetaQuotes , 2022.11.16 15:55

If MetaTrader 5 for Mac is not working, please uninstall the old version and install from scratch by downloading the new version: https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt5/MetaTrader5.dmg

The error was with the forced use of the AVX version of the Mac terminal installer.

I think wine created a virtual instance of the software.  When I closed it i actually closed the virtual instance and destroyed the environment.   So I lost all my work that was unsaved.

There is no discussion on this fact in the linux install directions.  It would be very good to mention this in the install directions.

Needless to say, Linux is not a good platform to develop an EA,   Metatrader 5 is a windows based software and not suited for Linux.

Reason: