Logarithmic spiral Indicator - predicting price and time

I am reading the Fibonacci Applications and Strategies for Trades by Robert Fisher and I came cross the logarithmic spiral indicator. The author claims that provides the link between price and time analysis and it is the answer to forecasting both price and time.

As you all are awared, the spiral is called the most beautiful of mathematic curves and has occurred for millions of years in nature. The logarithmic spiral is the only mathematical curve to follow the pattern of growth expressed in the nautilus shell. He claims that during the stock market crash in October 1987 when every other method of analysis seems to fail, the correct spiral correctly identifed the bottom of the crash.

Has anyone come across the logarithmic spiral indicator for metatrade or has attempted to create an indicator for it?

I would look forward to seeing an indicator made of this...

Point A and B of the Spiral

The hardest part of using this spiral will be select the proper starting points A & B. It will be a challenge for metatrader coding as we will need to shift the two points around to obtain the correct spiral.

Enclosed is excerpts from the book.

Files:

More Logarithmic Spiral in Action

Here are more info on the application of the logarithmic spiral on real charts.

very interesting

we should continue the research

i'm very interested in this subject;

is it possible for mt programmers to say something about this tool, hard to create it or not? trohoang attached all useful info i think, we could say that the code for this is written, maybe someone with mql skills could look deeper in this problem, i think it could be something great;

please contribute if you can;

thanks in advance

main

arghh...im searching for whole 3 days & 3 night non stop for the fibonacci spiral...still searching & waiting..i've seen someone post chart with fibonacci spiral attach to the chart at forexfactory forum...i've been email him and nothing reply untill now.

thanks

cp6

please write here if you get any useful info; is this chart in forex factory with spiral is in metatrader? i've just registered there but have to wait 24h to activate my account, so i can't check it on my own; maybe you could attach this chart in this topic?

here's the equation, but not mql AND i cant translate

DrawSpiral();

function DrawSpiral()

{ var points:Array = new Array();

var b:Number = DegToRad(80);

var r:Number;

var t:Number;

var i:Number;

var a:Number = 1;

for (i=0; i<=500; i++)

{ t = a * Math.PI/4; r = Math.exp(t * cot(b));

points = new Object();

points.r = r;

points.x = r * Math.cos(t);

points.y = r * Math.sin(t);

a+=0.2; }

with (spiral_mc)

{ lineStyle(0.5,0xff0000);

moveTo(points[0].x, points[0].y);

for (i=1; i<=500; i++)

{ lineTo(points.x, points.y);

}

}

}

function DegToRad(degrees:Number)

{ return degrees * Math.PI/180;}

function cot(t:Number)

{ return 1 / Math.tan(t);

}

ENJOY

The spiral software

Please find attached the spiral software by Robert Fischer. I bought his book the new fibonacci trader together with the software a few years ago. However, you need to load in data(ASII) to use it. From what I have heard, it is a very good software although i have never been able to use it. If anyone could figure out how to load the data in, please let us know.

Files:
winphi.rar  193 kb

The WinPhi.exe was last updated from April 2001.

Reason: