Can MQL programmers be considered as programmers? - page 5

How many people can write in php or java what is shown here. And they even called HTML a programming language.
Canvas - это круто!
Canvas - это круто!
  • www.mql5.com
Поставил себе задачу: коротким кодом эффектно продемонстрировать возможности пользовательской графики через класс CCanvas...

Alexey Viktorov:
How many people can write in php or in java what is shown here. And they even called HTML a programming language.

I didn't say that about the HTML. It's kind of a quote.

Evgeniy Zhdan:

I didn't say that about the HTML. It's a quote of sorts

I got it right. It's not a statement directed at you.

Evgeniy Zhdan:

The essence of the matter: when in some programming environment I declare that I write trading robots in MQL-4 and a little in MQL-5 (I often have to explain what they are), I get trashed - like these are not languages, you're a sucker, and all this with tons of sarcasm and jeers.

This is all showing off by snobs and most likely by suckers (who are still in their honeymoon period of programming).

If you manage to program complicated mathematics (like GARGH) into an indicator or bot using MQL-4 or MQL-5 features, you may consider yourself a super programmer.

There you have found something to worry about... "Can I be called a programmer". What do you care?

MQL is actually C++, all my code is written with the expectation that it won't be hard to translate everything directly into this language. And if C++ and MQL are one and the same, what can you say about those who write something in it?

Aleksey Ivanov:

It's all the showing off of snobs and, most likely, milkmen (who are still in their honeymoon period).

If you manage to program complicated mathematics (like GARGH for instance) into an indicator or a bot using MQL-4 or MQL-5 features, you may consider yourself a super programmer.

what is it and what does it do?

and most importantly why

Evgeniy Zhdan:

The essence of the matter is that when I declare in a near-programmer environment that I write MQL4 and MQL5 trading robots (I often have to explain what they are.) I'm getting angry at them and they don't do anything.

The essence of the matter: when in a near-programmer environment I declare that I write trading robots in MQL-4 and MQL-5 (I often have to explain what they are), I get trashed - like these are not languages, you're a sucker, loser and all that with tons of sarcasm and jeers. I don't say anything about it anymore, so as not to cast aspersions.

Well, is it true that MQL-programmer can be called a fully-fledged programmer? Or is it no fish or meat?

But when someone in my presence says that he's a "programmer", because he knows html4, studying html5 and, oh my gods, CSS3, those same "True Programmers" understandably cluck their tongues, like you're cool, man. And here I want this html programmer to laugh....

Just wondering who has what opinions.

A person who can make a working program from functions and procedures can be considered a programmer.

And it absolutely DOESN'T matter what programming language!

Mickey Moose:

What is it and what does it do?

and most importantly why

GARGH is used to predict random processes (more precisely, data of economic nature). Google it and you will find out (how and why).

Aleksey Ivanov:

If you manage to program complicated mathematics into an indicator or a bot (say, GARGH) with the possibilities of MQL-4 or MQL-5, you can consider yourself a super-programmer.

If you do this, you may not consider yourself a super-programmer, but a super-idiot. Instead of applying something already repeatedly created, doing it yourself and wasting time on it. This "all by yourself" approach does not fit the concept of modern programming).

Aleksey Ivanov:

GARGH is used for forecasting random processes (or more exactly, data of economic nature). Google it and you will find it (how and why).

No economic nature, stochastic can.GARGH is not used to predict random processes, it's the unicums who are unreasonably trying to predict random processes, and on this trippy wave they may want to predict those very random processes with wizards as well. What, now, to say that wipes are a tool for predicting random processes.

Reason: