FX5 Fibonacci Spiral MT4

I love this thing, and until recently it was working great(nothing changed and nothing was added to mt4 to make it play up).

It seems to have developed a problem with moving where the centre box is. It doesn't matter how you drag the box, the spiral doesn't follow. I tried to contact the developer but the inbox is full.

I have tried on another machine and with a blank chart (no other indicators), still the same problem.

I''m using mt4 Build 1010.

I've attached the files. If anyone can help, I'm more than happy to donate.

Has this problem only become apparent today?

honest_knave:
Has this problem only become apparent today?
Yesterday

Evening, I'm guessing.

Your spiral only gets drawn on a new tick. If the market is closed, no ticks so the spiral doesn't get redrawn.

The indicator needs some updating, but a quick fix would be to add this snippet:

void OnChartEvent(const int id,
                  const long &lparam,
                  const double &dparam,
                  const string &sparam)
  {
   if(sparam==FX5_Square && id==CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_DRAG)
     {
      DeleteSpiral();
      DrawSpiral();
     }
  }

honest_knave:

Evening, I'm guessing.

Your spiral only gets drawn on a new tick. If the market is closed, no ticks so the spiral doesn't get redrawn.

The indicator needs some updating, but a quick fix would be to add this snippet:

void OnChartEvent(const int id,
                  const long &lparam,
                  const double &dparam,
                  const string &sparam)
  {
     {
      DeleteSpiral();
      DrawSpiral();
     }
  }
You are correct it was last night, but I could have sworn I'd used it for analysis when the market was closed previously. Most appreciated in advance, I'll give it a go and update here. 

david5h:
You are correct it was last night, but I could have sworn I'd used it for analysis when the market was closed previously. Most appreciated in advance, I'll give it a go and update here. 

Hi there 

I opened mq4 with a text editor, am I correct adding to the end as below. Apologies, I don't have programming experience.

For example text would begin on line 199 (after the separator): 

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

void OnChartEvent(const int id,

const long &lparam,
                  const double &dparam,
                  const string &sparam)
  {
     {
      DeleteSpiral();
      DrawSpiral();
     }

} 

The file I attached at the bottom of my last post was modified, so you should be able to use that.

But yes, it would work pasted in at line 199. 

david5h:

Hi there 

I opened mq4 with a text editor, am I correct adding to the end as below. Apologies, I don't have programming experience.

For example text would begin on line 199 (after the separator): 

void OnChartEvent(const int id,

const long &lparam,
                  const double &dparam,
                  const string &sparam)
  {
     {
      DeleteSpiral();
      DrawSpiral();
     }

} 

Good morning, I just tried out your modified file (although the market is closed) and it works perfectly as before. I'm so pleased as I'd messed about for hours trying to figure it out, don't know how to thank you :)

david5h:
Good morning, I just tried out your modified file (although the market is closed) and it works perfectly as before. I'm so pleased as I'd messed about for hours trying to figure it out, don't know how to thank you :)
Glad it works. Throw a few coins in the next charity bucket you see and we'll call it even ;-)

honest_knave:
Glad it works. Throw a few coins in the next charity bucket you see and we'll call it even ;-)
I give you my word, a thousand thanks.
Reason: