SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert - page 2

slam:
Hi again ND,

I did place the Tracert.mqh in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4\experts\include folder (I found Tracert.mqh file included in both the StepMAexpert zip and Goldwarrior2b.1_new zip from the EA zip you linked to), and tried both mqh files, but neither worked. The EA is still greyed out. Is there a Tracert.mqh file specific SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert_v1.21?

Thanks again

It is the same Tracert.mqh file.

Which errors do you have during the compilling this SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert_v1.21?

It generates this text file instead of a ex4 file in the experts folder:

2;76;C:\Program Files\FXDD - MetaTrader 4\experts\SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert_v1.21.mq4;11 :1;'Tracert.mqh' - cannot open program file

Image from MetaTrader with SBS EA.

Files:
sbs.gif  40 kb

What is the correct value for TimeZone in SBS?

In SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert v1.21 there is an external variable "TimeZone", which is zero in the default settings. There are no instructions for setting it correctly. May we know the correct settings for Alpari, MIG and InterbankFX please?

Thank you.

barry:
In SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert v1.21 there is an external variable "TimeZone", which is zero in the default settings. There are no instructions for setting it correctly. May we know the correct settings for Alpari, MIG and InterbankFX please? Thank you.

TimeZone can fully change Daily Bars.

So you should be careful with this parameter.

TimeZone = 0 - for your broker data.

Any other value changes OHLC of Daily Bar.

Igorad,

Do you mean that we should leave TimeZone = 0 for all brokers? Or do we need to set it to be correct for the particular broker we use? I don't know what it means. Is it the broker's difference from GMT?

Thanks,

Barry

slam:
It generates this text file instead of a ex4 file in the experts folder: 2;76;C:\Program Files\FXDD - MetaTrader 4\experts\SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert_v1.21.mq4;11 :1;'Tracert.mqh' - cannot open program file

So place Tracert.mqh in /include folder (C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4\experts\include for example). Not zip file. Tracert.mqh.

Don't compile this Tracert.mqh file!

It is my /include folder and /libraries folder ziped.

May be your Tracert.mqh file is corrupted?

Files:
include.zip  9 kb
libraries.zip  18 kb

I would like to test the new version of this EA, can someone tell me if my logic is correct for setting the "timezone" parameter.

I have read the volatility expansion thread and the SBS thread, from what I can gather, the buy/sell stop is set according to the open price of the pair, therefore the timezone would be the difference between the open time of that particular market and the time of the broker's server.

For example:

For gbpusd using fxdd as broker... gbp opens at 8:00 (GMT-0), fxdd server time would be 10:00 (GMT+2), so we want to set the timezone=2?

For usdjpy using fxdd as broker... usd opens at 8:00 (GMT-5), fxdd server time would be 15:00 (GMT+2), so we want to set the timezone=7?

Is this right?

Wait, I just remembered something... in the volatility expansion thread, I remember reading something about the excel sheet used was based on 00:00 GMT, so the time that the marekt opens isn't even being considered, so would the timezone in the fxdd's case be just "2" for all pairs? oy, I'm a little confused

All that I know is the following:

if timeZone =0 so EA will open pending orders at 00:00.

if timezone=1 so it will be 01:00 (1 am).

This timezone is more related to daily close bar.

Reason: