TradersPowerExpert - page 2

OK, I think I understand.

This is a daily EA yet it is a 1H timeframe, yes ?? When backtesting should I choose daily or 1H ?? The reason I ask is that if I choose Daily the results are much, much better - 1H is not that impressive.

Also, what is the difference between this EA and SimpleDailyRangeBreak EA ? They seem identical to me.

rjay:
OK, I think I understand.

This is a daily EA yet it is a 1H timeframe, yes ?? When backtesting should I choose daily or 1H ?? The reason I ask is that if I choose Daily the results are much, much better - 1H is not that impressive.

Also, what is the difference between this EA and SimpleDailyRangeBreak EA ? They seem identical to me.

H1 timeframe.

TPE is trading often but SBS is not trading often. I eman that distance between buy stop and sell stop pending orders are small in TPE EA and big in SBS EA. So SBS is less of risky because of that. But TPE may be more profitable.

I've been checking the sums of TPE and they don't seem to add up.

For example, my broker reports the H/L/C on gbpusd as 1.9711, 1.9472 & 1.9708 respectively, making a range of 239 pips. I've set the BUY % as 100% in TPE, so that should add 239 pips to the open of todays bar - yet TPE has only added 94 pips to the open of 1.9707. I've set SELL to 50% which should subtract 119 or 120 pips from todays open but instead it subtracted 45 !!

How come ? This happens everyday on both BUY & SELL orders and seems to be something to do with TradersPeriod but I can find very little documentation on this EA so I don't know what this formula does.

rjay:
I've been checking the sums of TPE and they don't seem to add up.

For example, my broker reports the H/L/C on gbpusd as 1.9711, 1.9472 & 1.9708 respectively, making a range of 239 pips. I've set the BUY % as 100% in TPE, so that should add 239 pips to the open of todays bar - yet TPE has only added 94 pips to the open of 1.9707. I've set SELL to 50% which should subtract 119 or 120 pips from todays open but instead it subtracted 45 !!

How come ? This happens everyday on both BUY & SELL orders and seems to be something to do with TradersPeriod but I can find very little documentation on this EA so I don't know what this formula does.

First Igorad coded SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert EA (SBS EA). It is the original thread.

Then Igorad coded TradersPowerExpert_v1.2 (TPE EA). I understand TPE EA as improved version of SBS EA. Both are profitable.

Sorry Igorad did not explained anything about this TPE EA so I just fould the settings and forward tested it in the same way as SBS EA: this EA is openning pending orders in midnight closing all profitable orders before. It's operating one time a day - midnight (according to your time settings): closing profitable orders and openning pending orders. That's all.

Just some post from weekly performance thread:

32. SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert_v1.21 (SBS EA).

H1 timeframe.

Alpari broker.

EURUSD: pips this week 7; pips in total 279.

GBPUSD: pips this week 6; pips in total 528.

USDJPY: pips this week -40; pips in total -380.

USDCHF: pips this week 3; pips in total 235.

+662 pips in total since May 2006. This EA is usng daily breakout strategy and not trading often. Not risky EA.

33. TradersPowerExpert_v1.2.

H1 timeframe.

Alpari broker.

EURUSD: pips this week 26; pips in total -47.

GBPUSD: pips this week 47; pips in total 1079.

USDJPY: pips this week -17; pips in total -25.

USDCHF: pips this week 65; pips in total 310.

+1317 pips in total since May 2006. This EA is using daily breakout strategy (different from SBS EA) and trading almost every day. More risky than SBS EA (concerning drawdown) but should be more profitable.

Those two EAs are profitable and related to breakout strategy so why we need to improve them?

Those EAs are different. Please find the statements for both in pips for this week.

Besides you may understand the levels of pending orders and differencies from the images attached.

Please note: about this EA please read this post (item #23).

This EA did good profit in 2007.

Please find the statements (in pips).

Please find the statement for this EA.

Files:
tpe.htm  321 kb
tpe_1.gif  6 kb

Updated statement.

Files:
tpe_2.gif  6 kb
tpe.zip  25 kb

Confused about better results

Hi guys,

Thanks Igorad for making this EA public for free and also thanks to Newdigital!

I can't program (yet) but I will help with posting my results of my live account as soon as it starts.

To my surprice I have all the time much better results than you Newdigital posts in this thread. For the moment I only us a demo account at FXDD. I have controled that my backtest results a exactly the same as when I let run the EA in real time.

Now the surprice: I run only the EURUSD and for exactly the same period, that is from 2006 8 10 to today 2007 1 16, I have 6371$ in stead of 4417$ in your multi currency report. My max drawdown is 1836$ and you write 3424$. I have 37 trades and you 169.

Also Jan 2007 was losing 2174$ in your report and I have +1033$ (EURUSD only). If I take only the EURUSD out of your multi currency report than the result for Jan 07 was in your report -10$.

Am I confused, or what happens ?

Keep on the good work,

Johny Pipperoni

PS

I read the comment about the timezone differance between Alpari and FXDD. I use the EA without adapting the time. But if this gave a better result than you guys had set it like that from the beginning, isn't it?

Pipperoni:
Hi guys,

Thanks Igorad for making this EA public for free and also thanks to Newdigital!

I can't program (yet) but I will help with posting my results of my live account as soon as it starts.

To my surprice I have all the time much better results than you Newdigital posts in this thread. For the moment I only us a demo account at FXDD. I have controled that my backtest results a exactly the same as when I let run the EA in real time.

Now the surprice: I run only the EURUSD and for exactly the same period, that is from 2006 8 10 to today 2007 1 16, I have 6371$ in stead of 4417$ in your multi currency report. My max drawdown is 1836$ and you write 3424$. I have 37 trades and you 169.

Also Jan 2007 was losing 2174$ in your report and I have +1033$ (EURUSD only). If I take only the EURUSD out of your multi currency report than the result for Jan 07 was in your report -10$.

Am I confused, or what happens ?

Keep on the good work,

Johny Pipperoni

PS

I read the comment about the timezone differance between Alpari and FXDD. I use the EA without adapting the time. But if this gave a better result than you guys had set it like that from the beginning, isn't it?

If you are using the same settings with mine but TimeZone is diferent only so it is TimeZone settings. Seems you have better timezone setted for your broker.

Which settings are you using for FXDD?

It may be good to know for the people who are using FXDD as well.

Time on my chart is Cairo time = GMT +2 hours.

So 13.15 GMT = 15.15 at my chart.

Like rjay already said before in this thread: "because I use FXDD which is 2 hours ahead of GMT"

Reason: