What Really Works From One Professional - page 74

Oops

Yeah I can see it know. Conforms beautifully to the rules JD gave us - corrective against the trend at London open and then an impulse. But since the rush was so big I just saw a straight line going down and got overwhelmed by the move, never saw the correction at the start

Thanks for the screenshot JD, it's good to see you around

vpetroff:
Yeah I can see it know. Conforms beautifully to the rules JD gave us - corrective against the trend at London open and then an impulse. But since the rush was so big I just saw a straight line going down and got overwhelmed by the move, never saw the correction at the start Thanks for the screenshot JD, it's good to see you around

Your welcome......its not a symetrical thing...

pictures, again

1st chart, look at the very right - how is this not so obvious? anyone who is a CHART READER can pick this out no problem...

after hitting the farther resistance zone (red) at 8375 then cable fell out of bed by nearly 200 pips. it doesn't get any easier than this guys.

SB

Files:

chrislee:
Hi Nyonk, that is a very good question.

Basically i was expecting the vee pattern happening as per the info kindly supplied by JD.

When it made the swing low and started to rise again, it was potentially, the second part of the vee starting. That is where I started to look for a 123 pattern to enter the trend.

As you said, you can get whipsawed to death playing these patterns in a ranging market but if it really is the vee, there's a good chance it is going to trend and in my opinion your stop would be safe.

If I had been stopped out, I would have possibly looked for another entry lower down after another swing low had formed.

It's not the only strategy I use between 7AM and 8AM but it certainly looks to have potential, just observing the charts at that time.

I hope that helps a little

Regards Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you with your explaination.

NP

jonnydenver69:
Its the first two significant moves, if you missed this one there must be some questions you need to ask yourself...heres yet another picture....

Hi JD,

Thank you so much as usual you give more clear.

NP

Thanks Scott and JD for clearing this up. I had assumed that the 200 pip drop today was the first leg of the V and was waiting for it to reverse. But now I see what the V is referred to now.

Supa

DiNapoli MACD/Stoch

Found this article, think it's worth to take a look, specially when you have not read the book.

http://www.esignallearning.com/education/marketmaster/jdinapoli/default.asp

Lesson Learned

Ouch!

All my indicators, time frames & my interpretations said the cable would continue it's drop today. The "V" formed a buy.

Lesson learned........... very powerful, this V formation......

~Dex~:
Ouch!

All my indicators, time frames & my interpretations said the cable would continue it's drop today. The "V" formed a buy.

Lesson learned........... very powerful, this V formation......

remain humble to the markets and there is no limit to your success.

Patience and a willingness to learn and suceed. Not everyday is going to be as easy as the last. There is no holy grail Keep at it and dont give up

Reason: