EA BAsed on Heiken ASHI - page 7

FXCode:
That seems like a nice strategy. Mind sharing results?

Anything that doesn't repaint is OK in my book.

Rob

brgolfer:
hello everyone! i was just wondering if someone would be able or interested in making an EA for the MTF_heikin_ashi indicator. I have not seen this indicator repaint and from looking at past charts it appears to be overall successful, without using any kind of money management system, but just wanted to get some different opinions. I use the indicator on a 5 min chart with 5, 15, and 30 min heikin ashi indicator. looking for buys/sells when all indications agree (all indicators - green line completely above red line and candle closed) closing the position when the green line just touches the red line on the 5 min indicator, since that is the one that will always change first

Can you point me in the right direction for the HA indicators you are using in your chart? There are many

different versions floating around. Thanks.

Rob

ChicagoRob:
Can you point me in the right direction for the HA indicators you are using in your chart? There are many

different versions floating around. Thanks.

Rob

Stupid me. Just saw the attached file in your post.

Can you show us how to set up the indicator so it looks like yours? I'm seeing additional HA lines that I don't see on your chart. Thanks.

Rob

all i did was change the color of the initial small lines to black so u dont see them, then changed the other 2 lines, initially in the settings had a thickness? of 3, to a thickness of 1.

FXCode:
That seems like a nice strategy. Mind sharing results?

sorry, i dont have any results, just another sleepless night. but i was wondering of what people thought of using that strategy in addition to a MM strategy of increasing lot sizes by 25% or something like that for losing trades.

I was also considered about the repainting of the larger timeframes. since they are working are 15 and 30 min candles, im assuming that even after the 5min candle has closed, the HA on the 15 and 30 TF might still repaint??

thanks for everyones quick responses and input!!!

brgolfer:
sorry, i dont have any results, just another sleepless night. but i was wondering of what people thought of using that strategy in addition to a MM strategy of increasing lot sizes by 25% or something like that for losing trades.

I was also considered about the repainting of the larger timeframes. since they are working are 15 and 30 min candles, im assuming that even after the 5min candle has closed, the HA on the 15 and 30 TF might still repaint??

thanks for everyones quick responses and input!!!

All MTF indicators can possibly repaint until the bar closes in its correct period. This possibility can be minimized by using mtf's close to the timeframe you are trading.

For e.g., use a 30 min mtf on 15 min tf. If you use a 4hr mtf, up to 16( 15min bar* 16 = 4hr) could repaint.

Heijen Ashi EA

Here is an eA I authored and have developed to this point it works but needs more inputs and changes.

Files:

Heijen Ashi EA

Congrats and thanks for all your work on the EA, and of course for sharing.

Can you tell us how it's supposed to work? Looks like your buy signal and RSI have to be in agreement for buy & sell.

What are G and dk variables for?

How does it handle partial trades?

Should it trade as is? On my machine it seems to lock up and not make trades on backtesting (Alpari UK).

Does anyone else have it up and running for testing?

I'll try and help with the testing if I can get it to run..

Heiken Ashi Based EA

Hi guys,

Been playing around with a few things and I was looking for an EA that trades based on the following rules:

On any timeframe, have the HA indicator. When the indicator changes colour and signals a long, buy at the break of the high of the signal bar. Have an original SL set at 20 pips on a 5 min chart.

To exit the trade, place the SL on the low of the next bar that signals a change, in this case short. If the low isn't broken, continue to hold until the conditions are satisfied or your TP is hit.

I have searched through the various HA threads and can't find anything similar to this idea. If anyone can point me in the right direction or knock something up it would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

G-Man

Reason: