Mobile Trading/Technical Requirements/Automated Trading Championship - page 8

MT4 mobile NF

Hi All!

Sorry for my poor English.

There is an interesting problem.

MT4 mobile NF does not want to work from North Finance.

MT4 download from the site of broker.

Neither the real account not work, even demo create I cannot.

MT4 mobile ALPARI works without the problems!

What can be?

I do not remember exactly but as I know North Finance is not accepting new demo accounts ... it was announced that they are transferred to some new server or new broker ...

I know about it because I am still continuing some EAs demo testing on NF.

For more information go to this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general and may be this one https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/9405-fxpro-anyone-thumbs-up-thumbs-down

Files:
fxpro_1.jpg  87 kb
fxpro_2.jpg  53 kb

MT4 Mobile indicators malfunctioning

I have the Samsung i907 Epix with Windows Mobile 6.1 and I installed MT4 Mobile from the metaquotes website but I have had a problem with the indicators. Everything else works fine but the indicators are very distorted on the charts. Moving averages and bollinger bands will oscillate very far away from the price bars. The date at the bottom seems to be funny looking too. What could be wrong? I've attached some screenshots.

Simple Alert from Mobile MT4?

Hi,

I just need a simple MACD Cross Alert from Mobile MT4 on a mobile device like a PocketPC.

Is this impossible?

Thanks,

JForex.

No Custom Indicators for MT Mobile

Mobile version of MT4 will not accept any custom indicators.

A way around it maybe is to have the custom indicator on the charts at home and SMS / E-mail your PDA / SmartPhone when a signal is executed.

I run EAs on my home machine and log in and monitor the trades with the PDA... it works for me.... The next think I need to figure out is how to get an EA or Indicator to send me either an SMS or an E-mail... have not got this working yet

Good Luck

Thanks Webnickell.

What application do you use to log into your Remote computer? And what is the data plan and wireless provider on your PDA?

Thanks,

JForex.

What I did...

Ok... first of all... due to firewall restrictions at my employer this won't work for me any more, but this is what I was doing...

I used GoToMyPC to remote control my home PC.... ran EAs on that machine and use a HTC Smartphone from ATT to access my account remotely.

Sine I have 2 kids with iPhones I have their unlimited Family data plan, so I have no issues with usage.

My son still uses the GoToMyPC for another application and it works great.... I think their are some other like remote control solutions out there.

I hope that helps

Wayne

JForex78:
Thanks Webnickell.

What application do you use to log into your Remote computer? And what is the data plan and wireless provider on your PDA?

Thanks,

JForex.

Try http://www.logmein.com as it works on PDA's. I have win mobile 5 and it works. Also, a way around the firewall at work would be to install Qnext on the home computer then you can just log in via a web browser.

Peace

10+

webicknell:
Mobile version of MT4 will not accept any custom indicators.

A way around it maybe is to have the custom indicator on the charts at home and SMS / E-mail your PDA / SmartPhone when a signal is executed.

I run EAs on my home machine and log in and monitor the trades with the PDA... it works for me.... The next think I need to figure out is how to get an EA or Indicator to send me either an SMS or an E-mail... have not got this working yet

Good Luck

Its easy - just set up the smtp settings in the email tab of the options screen in the MT4 platform and then in your EA use the SendMail(subjectstring,messagebodystring) function. If you do use any significant amount of email functionality in your EA, you'll find yourself concatenating the content from various parameters all over the place and the email functionality will form a significant proportion of your lines of code.

Expert Advisor with MetaTrader 4 Mobile Smartphone Edition???

HI

I have a short question. I'd like to trade via Smartphone (Metatrader 4 Mobile Smartphone Edition).

My question: Can attach an expert advisor from my mobilephone or is that only possible with the Terminal.

Thank you very much for your answer

Bye Thomas

Reason: