Universal MA Cross EA - page 99

Blaiserboy:
MrTools

I had a look in Elite section to see if there is an MT5 version of UniversalMAcross and I did not see one. I wonder if anyone has written this EA in MT5.

Thanks

daveM

DaveM,

There isn't a MT5 version that I am aware of.

mrtools:
Won't have any resources freed up till this weekend to do more back testing to verify what I did is working correctly, one good thing looks like may have a new time filter to add that won't interfere with any other trade functions.

plz setup min dist to work btwn 2 ma rather than current structure of cross point to price. At Least thats my observation on many pairs as a genuine trend

sachin_syd:
plz setup min dist to work btwn 2 ma rather than current structure of cross point to price. At Least thats my observation on many pairs as a genuine trend

This could be quite a beneficial revision, hopefully it is possible to complete it.

Dear Mr Tools!

sachin_syd

In this request "plz setup min dist to work btwn 2 ma rather than current structure of cross point to price. At Least thats my observation on many pairs as a genuine trend"

I am wondering if there needs to be additional logic, instead of changing existing. ie add new parameter instead of replacing mincross distance.

Please have a look at a chart and comment...

I may attempt to code the change but from what I am seeing, it may not be a good idea to remove that parameter, instead, perhaps add additional.

Comments....?

daveM

Blaiserboy:
sachin_syd

In this request "plz setup min dist to work btwn 2 ma rather than current structure of cross point to price. At Least thats my observation on many pairs as a genuine trend"

I am wondering if there needs to be additional logic, instead of changing existing. ie add new parameter instead of replacing mincross distance.

Please have a look at a chart and comment...

I may attempt to code the change but from what I am seeing, it may not be a good idea to remove that parameter, instead, perhaps add additional.

Comments....?

daveM

Hi Dave, Thanks for ur input. I believe we can have a the cross between 2 ma as primary filter and use the current min filter as an supporting filter like all other filters in the EA.

Further, cud u assist me in fixing the ea at this post. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general It trades well except that it opens a new trade in same direction after closing a trade and needs ma filters.

Many Thanks

I am not a coder with ability, I will play with the Universal ea as I have some familiarity with it, But I do not think I want to attempt to modify another at this point.

I think there are threads in here where people will have a look at the code and attempt to help you.

daveM

Excellent EA. I need another filter for this EA. I can see there is a distance filter on MA cross but i think it would be better if there is a distance filter for price from MA cross. I back tested with my MA cross method but most of the SL i got for this distance between price and cross. Some tym it take entry on a bar which is 70 pips far from the cross and because of that i see lots of SL hitted so if some can add this filter that i can determine MA cross distance from price it would be very good. Then i can set maximum distance 20-30 pips from MA cross to take entry.

Thanks is advance

rickyrk:
Excellent EA. I need another filter for this EA. I can see there is a distance filter on MA cross but i think it would be better if there is a distance filter for price from MA cross. I back tested with my MA cross method but most of the SL i got for this distance between price and cross. Some tym it take entry on a bar which is 70 pips far from the cross and because of that i see lots of SL hitted so if some can add this filter that i can determine MA cross distance from price it would be very good. Then i can set maximum distance 20-30 pips from MA cross to take entry. Thanks is advance

You may have to change some of the values in order to get a more accurate backtest. You seem to be using settings that are far too big.

Hello,

Really Great Work!!

but I think need only one addition on:

StopAndReverse (default true)

If set to TRUE, will exit any trade and reverse position when signal change.I would like only when the position is positive, otherwise enter new trade but not exit

Thanks

Deepspac

Reason: