Universal MA Cross EA - page 97

{ "results": [ {"date":"1607146454","module":"mql5.com.en.forum","id":"3_357227","info":{"url":"https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/357227","author_name":"peithetrader","author_login":"peithetrader","title":"My MT5 stopped responding all of a sudden"},"text":"Hi Everyone, This morning I suspect that I might caught a virus on my computer after downloading cheap trading course from a website loaded with spyware. Afterwards I downloaded an VPN to protect my idenity from theft. All of a sudden my Meta5trader stopped running on both my iphone and my new window's laptop. I'm on a DEMO account ? How could this be? Can someone help me? Can you trade with the VPN turned on? Thanks, Julie"}, {"date":"1570923133","module":"mql5.com.en.forum","id":"3_324193","info":{"url":"https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/324193","author_name":"David","author_login":"ReservoirDodds","title":"Error Message when Subscribing to Signal"},"text":"Hi, I am attempting to subscribe to a signal through here, however once I've inputted my payment details for the subscription I get an error message - 'An error has occurred in the script on this page. ' Error: Invalid character Screenshot attached: Can anyone help me please? Thank you."}, {"date":"1442426631","module":"mql5.com.en.forum","id":"3_64170","info":{"url":"https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/64170","author_name":"Kok Hoong Cheang","author_login":"s050399b","title":"I have subscribe a paid signal to my demo account","avatar60x60":"https://c.mql5.com/avatar/2020/6/5ED7A3AE-B136.jpg"},"text":"Can I move the signal to the real account ?"} ], "error":"ok" }

seb7513:
Hello, this is the first visual backtest a strategy that uses the indicator ichi360 monitor V2, the best suited for this strategy at the moment. With ichi360 v5 or v8 strategy does not work like that. I continue to make visual backtest with FHL simulator and plans call for the creation of an expert advisor based on this strategy in order to more easily find the correct weak points. Strategy TF H1 EUR/USD.

The first results : (NO TP, NO SL, NO TS)

sell @ 1.3579 le (day-month-year) 03/01/2005 @ 00H00

cloture (close) @ 1.3527 le 03/01/2005 @ 08h00

plus bas (lower) 1.3385

plus haut(highter) 1.3581

+ 52 PIPS

sell @ 1.3507 le 03/01/2005 @ 12H00

cloture @ 1.3477 le 03/01/2005 @ 18H00

plus bas 1.3438

plus haut 1.3536

+ 30 PIPS

sell @ 1.3466 le 03/01/2005 @ 22H00

cloture @ 1.3484 le 04/01/2005 @ 03H00

plus bas 1.3452

plus haut 1.3486

- 18 PIPS

sell @ 1.3420 le 04/01/2005 @ 09H00

cloture @ 1.3295 le 05/01/2005 @ 17H00

plus bas 1.3213

plus haut 1.3431

+ 125 PIPS

sell @ 1.3215 le 06/01/2005 @ 08H00

cloture @ 1.3201 le 07/01/2005 @ 9H00

plus bas 1.3154

plus haut 1.3223

+ 14 PIPS

sell @ 1.3053 le 07/01/2005 @ 20H00

cloture @ 1.3088 le 10/01/2005 @ 18H00

plus bas 1.3036

plus haut 1.3126

-35 PIPS

WIN : +221 PIPS

LOSE : - 53 PIPS

TOTAL du 03/01/2005 au 10/01/2005 : + 168 PIPS

It makes me say also that this indicator might be relevant in determining a trading one way What I wanted to do by asking Mr tools to add better volume, but eventually it adds a filter more on this robot that avoids some error but returns suddenly not enough positions and is not convincing in the long term. By the ichi360 against might give us a way to trade. to see ..

ichi360 monitorv2 ichi360_monitor_v2.ex4 recommended settings for different TF :

D1 settings:

=========

H1 settings:

==========

M30 settings:

==========

M5 settings:

===========

Here are some recent real trade using the same method.

Seb7513, do you know exactly how the ICHI360 monitor is working, is it using the kumo cross, or tenken/kijun cross or a combination of them?

ps) posting histo versions of kumo cloud and kijun sen tenkan sen cross maybe they will help.

mrtools:
Maraxfr, this is a new version, think maybe the problem with the break even may be fixed on this version, did some back testing on FXCM and it worked using default settings, not sure how it will work on OIL don't have Commodities on my FXCM demo so don't know the exact symbol to enter, but Gold and Silver should work on this version.

Added minutes to the time filter, and now the Ea has a Max distance from the cross to add to the Min distance,most of this has only been tested on back testing, so hopefully will work in forward testing.Named it version 1.07 hope this is the only v1.07.

PS) added Symbols BRENT and WTI only 2 I could find for oil if any one has other symbols will add them to the EA so each symbol will have its own magic number, whether it be currencies, commodities,etc.

Thanks MrTools for new version !

I am doing some back testing and here is the what I got:

If I use trailing stop type 4:

Trailing stop does not work (I suppose it should not on type 4 ?)

take profit works ok

stop loss works ok

LocksInPips works ok

but breakevendoes not work, for example if I have it set to 700, when profit reach 700 pips it should modify order to make stop loss on exact price as order price, so profit = 0 , right

in case if I have for example:

BreakEven = 700

LocksInPips = 1900

maraxfr:
Thanks MrTools for new version !

I am doing some back testing and here is the what I got:

If I use trailing stop type 4:

Trailing stop does not work (I suppose it should not on type 4 ?)

take profit works ok

stop loss works ok

LocksInPips works ok

but breakevendoes not work, for example if I have it set to 700, when profit reach 700 pips it should modify order to make stop loss on exact price as order price, so profit = 0 , right

in case if I have for example:

BreakEven = 700

LocksInPips = 1900

If you use trailing stop = 4, that is for the breakeven only. The way the code is if in an order buy or sell and price moves more than the breakeven, then it will lockin the amount of pips you specify, so a BreakEven = 700 and LockInPips = 1900, very unlikely the price will move 700 pips and from the code, and my understanding of it, your lock in pips should be equal to or less than BreakEven, so my favorite is breakeven = 20 and lockinPips = 20.

jeffpark:
hi mrtools - not quite sure where I should post this Q - I bought the Eagle MA cross from elite section, but ti comes without any explanation of the parameters. May I suggest that EAs come with this & does someone have a parameter description for eagle please?

Can someone tell me.... is this Eagle MA cross similar to the Universal Ma Cross? an advanced version.?

Please post URL, thank you

daveM

Blaiserboy:
Can someone tell me.... is this Eagle MA cross similar to the Universal Ma Cross? an advanced version.?

Please post URL, thank you

daveM

DaveM, the thread is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176719

mrtools:
Maraxfr, this is a new version, think maybe the problem with the break even may be fixed on this version, did some back testing on FXCM and it worked using default settings, not sure how it will work on OIL don't have Commodities on my FXCM demo so don't know the exact symbol to enter, but Gold and Silver should work on this version.

Added minutes to the time filter, and now the Ea has a Max distance from the cross to add to the Min distance,most of this has only been tested on back testing, so hopefully will work in forward testing.Named it version 1.07 hope this is the only v1.07.

PS) added Symbols BRENT and WTI only 2 I could find for oil if any one has other symbols will add them to the EA so each symbol will have its own magic number, whether it be currencies, commodities,etc.

MrTools thanks v much for adding my request for max dist and minutes in time section..

Question I have is if the min and max distance filter works between price and ma cross or between the 2 ma themselves. I wud have thought that Min distance to work between the 2 MAs while the Max to work for distance between price and fast MA. Just to save entry on spike.. Please let me know.

Also, will u consider updating the EA to still manage an open trade during non-trading hour? Many Many Thanks for your hard work!!

sachin_syd:
MrTools thanks v much for adding my request for max dist and minutes in time section..

Question I have is if the min and max distance filter works between price and ma cross or between the 2 ma themselves. I wud have thought that Min distance to work between the 2 MAs while the Max to work for distance between price and fast MA. Just to save entry on spike.. Please let me know.

Also, will u consider updating the EA to still manage an open trade during non-trading hour? Many Many Thanks for your hard work!!

The max distance is from the cross, on the managing of trades during non trading hours far as I know that was fixed a version or 2 ago, when we moved the time filter to another place in the code, since that mod haven't heard of this problem since.

mrtools:
The max distance is from the cross, on the managing of trades during non trading hours far as I know that was fixed a version or 2 ago, when we moved the time filter to another place in the code, since that mod haven't heard of this problem since.

Ok cool. Similar to the price cross EA i think its better for max function not to wait for bar to close but initiate trade as soon as the price comes within the max pips.

Now for the min cross I guess if u look at the attached chart notice that during not so busy time if there is a spike ( much frequent on 5min trading) the trade is open despite the cross between 2 ma not been logical. So I think the min should be deployed on min distance between 2 ma after a cross has happened.

Files:
screenshot.png  118 kb

mrtools:

MrTools, tell me please what value I need to put in manual magic number to have it create auto magic number ? Is it just enough to enable auto magic number to "true" and put whatever in manual magic number ?

Reason: