Universal MA Cross EA - page 68

stop loss

so basically, setting stop loss to 300, so max i should lose is $30 but i have losses up to $150 and looking at visual there are trades that don't close trades when they have lost over 1000 pips, they should close but they are not,

This is on firedaves original EA using on M1

Solutions please

stop loss rule

it didnt work as i was using the 3rd MA when you use the 3rd MA

You must use CTstoploss instead of stop loss

great EA this one

ECN + 5Digits + Breakeven functions

Ricardogv:
Hi, I need to know if you can send the ea working with hot Forex witch is an ecn/stp broker. The ea takes the trades but only without take profit, stop loss and trailing stop. Ricardo Aguiar

Hi Ricardo,

Attached is a Universal MA Cross EA with Breakeven function...added by Serpentsnoir...

The best way to test it is to use the Strategy Tester and run on slow motion to watch the SL, TP, TS, and Breakeven as they set and move

I ran a few tests...the Breakeven and all the other functions appears to work just fine.

It also has the 5 Digit modification for ECN's as well.

It should work for your needs. Good luck with your efforts.

Hope this helps,

Robert

MaxLookUp and MinCrossDistance - How To Make It Work On Current Bar

For those that are having fun using and learning with this Universal MA Cross EA...

Max Look Up and Min Cross Distance - The original functions works good...but...

It requires BOTH MaxLookUP and MinCrossDistance to be > 0...this code limits the LookUp/CrossDistance to X bars PAST the current bar AFTER the MA's cross..

I changed the following code in my version to make it possible for MIN CROSS DISTANCE to work on the current bar...so I can get an immediate MA crossing, and then trade x pips above/below the crossing on the same bar...

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

//| CHECKING FOR MIN CROSS DISTANCE SEVERAL BAR AFTER THE CROSS // Modified

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

// if(MaxLookUp>0 && MinCrossDistance>0) // 0 || MinCrossDistance>0) // <------Changed && (And) to || (Or)... to allow MinCrossDistance on current bar

Setting both > 0 still works to get the LookUp/CrossDistance on x bars after the cross,

This way you can have both options....and it makes this a more flexible feature.

Make sure you recompile the code if you make any changes.

And it helps to document your changes by adding // Notes...like in the example above.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Ricardogv:
Hi, I need to know if you can send the ea working with hot Forex witch is an ecn/stp broker. The ea takes the trades but only without take profit, stop loss and trailing stop. I will pay you 50 bucks if you have the Universal ea working on Hotforex .com. mt4 platform. I found a guy who can do for 150 but I am on a tight budget, if you cannot what could be below 150? thanks. If I don't find cheaper I will pay him because I like his ea a lot for all the features. my email is ricgv4@gmail.com and my name is Ricardo Aguiar.

Let me look at it later this weekend... the changes are not complex, so it shouldn't take too long. Please post the version you want changed or refer to the version you want changed by the posting number.

sn

um... I'm getting forgetful - it already works for ECN

I just looked at the last version posted and it should work for an ECN broker - and I did the changes a while ago.

How to increase the profit

hi can anyone tell me how to increase the profit size on this great indicator? it has alot of potential but for some reason the profit size is small for me even testing it with 1. sized lots. at an average of $75 profit.

Thanks in advance.

Edits for the Universal MA

I think u should separate out the longs and shorts even more in this EA cos at the moment its all in one setting

I have done it already but it takes quite a bit of work for someone whos not good with mql

The benefits of this is that long vs short positions always posses very different characteristics due to their differences in statistical nature, so its wise to optimize them aswell as long as the number of trades is high

Stop Loss as a highest/lowest from x previous bars

Hi,

I try to add to 'UniversalMACrossEAV1.3.1 - Breakeven.mq4' different method of setting SL.

I want to set Stop Loss equal to highest/lowest from x (eg. 3) previous bars. This SL should be moved again (trailing) on each next bar, during the trade.

I know some basic functions for this functionality, but I am not experienced user, so I can't find a suitable place to insert this code. I don't want to destroy current version.

Someone help?

Thanks.

Version avec ADX et CCI

universalmacrosscciadx_2011.mq4

Voici une version avec ADX et CCI

Reason: